Wanted .. this top clap wing nut

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted .. this top clap wing nut
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

nut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

hmm should say top clamp ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

Hmmm, that looks familiar. :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/796770.html?1507861117

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Yes, you borrowed that from me. Did you ever find one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Guys, where exactly does this wing bolt go. Is it the one for the bracket mounted to the front/inside of the top iron/bows. ??? that clamps the top to the windshield stanchion.? What year does it fit. I may have a couple if I can find my top bracket stash ... It seems to have moved to a new hiding place ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Nope, still looking. Was hoping to find a pair at Hershey, but no joy. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 07:02 am:

Donnie,

Yes, it's the wing nut that fits in the clamp that is attached to the front bow of the top. In use ... it clamps the top bow to the windshield post tip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 09:09 am:

Goes here:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 11:38 am:

There are two styles, and both are pictured here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

I just found a pair of perfect wing screws, the early style. You may have them both for $5 plus postage. Basic flat rate is $7.15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Mark Osterman can have first call on them, since he seemed upset that I had pilfered his photo. :-)

If he doesn't want them, or if he takes these and you find another pair, I'll take them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 08:38 pm:

Mark and Mark, These things must be hard to find ... I looked thru a waist high pile of old top irons today and no luck. I also found my box of top clamp brackets. There was only one wing bolt in the whole box. :-( It is the style shown in the second photo and is in very nice condition. I will send it free of charge to whoever does not get the pair Larry has ... These are one more of the things I need to add to the swap meet "hunt list". Whoever gets it, send me your mailing address. to dobro(at)artelco.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Hi Donnie, I'll take the one you have, I sent you a PM with my address.

I'll let Mark Osterman have Larry's matched pair. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Dave Simmering, I sent a reply to your PM via the forum and directly to your email, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Ha ... I wan't upset Mark. Just commented on the source of the photo you used. Am a photographer by profession. Larry ... so is the picture I posted showing the early or late style? If yours are like the one I posted ... I'll take one. Maybe someone else needs the second one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 09:49 am:

So,
Larry Smith indicates that these wing bolts were made with an early and late style. I suspect that the change was for ease of manufacture and to cut costs.

Larry, will you tell us when, more or less, the change took place?

Thank you for all of the research you share with us. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Ok ... I bought a pair of the type I posted from Larry. So now I have a spare if anyone needs one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 12:37 am:

I'm all set as well, I'm getting one of the style in the "goes here" picture from Donnie, and another to match it from Dave Simmering. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell in Michigan Thumb on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 06:52 am:

I have been watching, not wanting to get in the middle until each of them got their part. I think everyone has what they want. I would also like two of these for my car if anyone has them.
Brian.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Mark S, Yours is packed and will go out in the mail tomorrow ...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration