Car for sale 1912 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Car for sale 1912 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

This car has been in my family since the mid 50's. It is an old restoration completed in the early 60s so not up to current standards. Still it looks decent, but some of the choices my dad made reflect not having the money to do exactly what would be correct today. For example the upholstery is vinyl not leather. It is a great driver and fun car not a museum piece.

A number of mechanical restorations have been done fairly recently to make driving safer and more reliable.

The car starts and runs well. It's done a number of 75 to 100 mile tours with no issues. It will often start on compression with no cranking at all. I didn't even know you could start a T on mag so I have never tried. Runs great on either battery or mag.

The engine block number does not match 1912 production. I believe the block is 1914. Engine number is 505137

Car number is 142314

Body is stamped under the drivers seat W 62005

The car is registered in Minnesota. Pioneer plate 142. I have a good title in my name.

The car is located in St Paul, Minnesota

I am open to offers on price. I would like $23,500 with the aluminum enclosed trailer (info and photo below). Too high? Don't want the trailer? Let's talk.

Some general pictures.

I will post more pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Brass works radiator. I have and will include the original which leaks a bit, but is useable.

Original

KW coil box which I know is not correct, but my dad like the way this one looked compared to what I believe is the correct black steel piece.

Steel box and parts included.

The front doors and brass sill plates were never restored and put on the car, but here they are.

Hasslers on the front. Also have a set for the rear.

EZ UR Ride rear shocks and 12 rivet rear end. The whole drive train and transmission were rebuilt to replace Babbitt and all worn parts recently. There is about 500 to 1000 miles on the car since this work was done. Clamshells were re riveted.

E&J lights

The horn is rough but present and restorable.

Very rough carbide generator. I don't know if this piece can be restored and I'm pretty sure it is not correct for this car. I have run the lights off a modern carbide generator and they look great. Also have a presto lite bottle that was used under the rear seat.

Hogsheads and driveshaft

3 bolt muffler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 09:09 pm:

Steel coil box and parts

Original dash. For pattern or ?

Original front floorboards

Windshield hinge. The windshield is not modern glass and should really be replaced for safety.

Engine

Dash with number plate

Body stamp W 62005

Engine number stamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

Also new top and tires,tubes,flaps about 5 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Thursday, October 19, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

16.5 foot Triton aluminum trailer. Top must be down to fit, but this is a very light trailer that can be pulled by a medium suv.
It's 7 feet wide and actual interior length to the V is almost 18 feet. Rear door height Is 6'6". Rear ramp door and side service door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 12:09 am:

Another good deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 05:07 am:

Wow, that IS a bargain! Too bad you're so far away - I'd buy the trailer off you in a minute!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

I thought of something I should add. When the transmission was rebuilt a toothed ring gear was used. This is not visible with the correct hogshead in place, but does allow the option of fitting a starter without pulling the engine and transmission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

I know this car. Casper Ness v
was a good friend. This
T as
I remember belonged to a relative, so it may be in the same family since new. It will make a great addition to any collection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Pm sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:51 am:

My phone number is 651-354-9966 if you want to talk about the car.

Selling without the trailer I am asking $21,500 for the car. Open to offers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Ness on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Car is sold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration