'27 Coupe for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: '27 Coupe for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

I'm listing this car for its owner. The car is in NW Arkansas. It has been in the same family since new. Seller is the great-grandson of the car's original owner. Seller knows nothing about Model T's and all the older Model T guys in the family are now gone. He's more of a Firebird kinda' guy, so this car is not his cup of "T". :-)

The car will need a complete restoration, but it's a good, solid and complete car to work with. Seller had a Model T guy come to where the car is located and get it running a month or so ago, so it will run with the right touch. There is a bit of rust-through very low on the body sides, but much less than most. The left rear fender has a 1" hole near the edge, but the others are nice. The hood is as nice as I've seen on an old original car.

The car has been stored inside for many, many years. Seller put smaller wheels and tires on the car in order to roll it into the storage building where it now sits. Original '27 wire wheels are with the car; it will need new tires. The interior was reupholstered in vinyl many years ago, and the top and visor will need to be redone. The top wood probably will need to be replaced. The original engine has had its vaporizer carb replaced with an earlier type, using a nifty aftermarket throttle linkage. The radiator holds water, but it will need to be replaced.

I have a few more pics which I took today, but I didn't get them resized small enough to post. I can email them if necessary.

The car has a clear AR title, and the asking price is $6,500. Contact David at david.rook@tyson.com.

27-2

27-4

27-5

27-6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 20, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Thought I'd put those other pics on this thread so they don't get separated.

27-2

27-3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 11:03 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Having an engine that's number 14,9xx,xxx I wonder if it has an EE crank and X rods?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

Does it have a Ruckstell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

Dave, there isn't a Ruckstell. I spoke to the owner, he said there is a pile of old paperwork for this car. Perhaps photos of the car when new exist or maybe the original invoice or Title??? There is also a dealer plaque riveted to the right side of the dash saying sold in Milford, OH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Jenkins - Ohio on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

Great starter car but the price is ? It would cost 10 to 12 for a good restoration

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 11:48 am:

Sure, Charles, then you'd have a nicely-restored car worth about $12K. :-)

Most of us here know that you don't make money restoring a Model T; we just love doing it anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 11:28 pm:

Mike, where are the guys who pay 12K for a restored late coupe? I can't get 8 grand for mine with a Ruckstell and hydraulic brakes. I've said it before and I'll say it again: T people are cheap. Two exceptions, early cars and parts, and speed equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 12:19 am:

I'm with Erik I am going to be selling my coupe that I just finished and I'm afraid the t guys are too cheap to buy a good restored car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 10:45 am:

The price on this Coupe is now $5,500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Not a bad price; That is about what one would sell for around here, maybe a little higher on one of the coast states

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Thanks for the encouragement, Dave. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:43 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wm Kastelic on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Interested if available. Contact me at 724 762 6867 or wmkastelic@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, October 28, 2017 - 09:49 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

Wm. K. -- Contact the seller at david.rook@tyson.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

If it doesn't sell in the next few days, it'll go to ebay. I wanted to give you guys the first crack at it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration