Wanted - Touring Body Wood Splice Plates

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - Touring Body Wood Splice Plates
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

My 1925 touring body is missing all of its short metal splice plates that connect the various seat back wood parts together. From the attached pictures that I found elsewhere on the forum, it looks like the front seat uses four of the plates, and the back seat uses at least two, maybe four plates. Note that the plates aren't flat, they have an oval dimple pressed into them to stiffen them up.

Does anyone have eight of the metal splice plates (and their associated fasteners) that they can spare?

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Mark; I just gave one away in a box of other parts. I will see if I can get it back. I will also look through some of my miscellaneous parts to see if I have any more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 02:28 pm:

Thanks Dave! :-)

I had some that came with Betsy, but I gave them to Royce a year or two ago because he needed them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Dale Kemmerer tells me that the rear only uses two plates, so I only need a total of six, thanks Dale! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

Mark, six splice plates found and will ship with your wing/thumb bolt tomorrow. but your shipping went from free to 7.15 .... :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Thanks Donnie, that's great! Please PM me with your Paypal ID or the address to send the check to for the total amount due. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Mark PM message sent with info ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

I see you also wanted the hardware. Good luck with that idea ... :-) :-) There are three very rusty original bolts in these plates to use as patterns. They are 1/4 inch carriage bolts with very/very small heads, they are harder to find than the wing/thumb bolts you have spent months looking for. But you can reshape the head of a modern carriage bolt to work. The heads are real small so the seat upholstery and hidem welt will hide them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 22, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Hi Donnie, payment sent. Thanks for the heads up (pun intended) on the bolts. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration