1910 MAXWELL, RESTORED, 12 HORSEPOWER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1910 MAXWELL, RESTORED, 12 HORSEPOWER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irv Carlisle on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 11:53 am:

RED - BEAUTIFUL.

I can send pictures as text on phone or email but I don't know how to post them here.

email: sbtucson@live.com

phone: 520-279-0763

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irv Carlisle on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 11:56 am:

RED - BEAUTIFUL

$16,000

I can forward pictures on phone text or email but I don't know how to post them here.

email: sbtucson@live.com

phone: 520-279-0763

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

sent you a pm... email didn't work for me... Thank you Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

From http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=formatting

Images, Attachments, and Clipart

Tag Description
Text description Upon posting, you are prompted for an image file to upload. Images must be either GIF or JPEG format. Images must be saved on your hard disk. Your browser must support form-based file upload (Netscape Navigator 2.0+ and Internet Explorer 4.0+ support this; IE 3.02 will also work provided that you have installed the file upload patch).

Text description
Upon posting, you are prompted for an attachment to upload. An attachment may be any kind of file (for example, Word document, text file, or WAV audio). Attachments must be saved on your hard disk. Your browser must support form-based file upload (Netscape Navigator 2.0+ and Internet Explorer 4.0+ support this; IE 3.02 will also work provided that you have installed the file upload patch).
Inserts clipart (see index)
Example

Input: This is a picture of me: my picture and I smile like this: .
Output: This is a picture of me: my picture and I smile like this: smile.

Note that the "Your Image Here" graphic is replaced by the image file that you upload.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

as I understand, some bum already swooped in and got it!You snooze....you loose!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, October 23, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

If you're the buyer, please contact me. I'll email a packet of Maxwell information that will help you enjoy your new toy. Welcome to the joy of owning a "Perfectly Simple, Simply Perfect" car. The AA Maxwell is a nice addition to any Model T owner's garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irv Carlisle on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 11:58 am:

Call owner for more details
IRV
520-279-0027

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irv Carlisle on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 11:58 am:

OOPS - wrong #

IRV
520-579-0027

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Did it sell? I don't want to bother the owner since I cannot buy anything these days, as much as I wish I could run after this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

Sounds pretty cheap for a restored 1910 Maxwell, or maybe they go for less than T's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Irv Carlisle on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 08:40 am:

Regrettably, the owner told me on the phone he has withdrawn his offer to sell this/these item(s).

As Agent, I pledge to keep your contact information and in the event circumstances change, I will let you know.

I apologize.

Sandi Baker

sbtucson@live.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Yeah, I thought it sounded too good to be true; no way a fully restored 1910 Maxwell is going to go for so cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 09:24 am:

That was a 20-25K car... more if all the correct components were present (Splitdorf magneto, coil, etc.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Here are the pictures I was sent. Defiantly too good to be true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 10:40 am:

I think it's possible that may actually be a 1911 AB. The wheelbase looks too long for the AA and I can't remember if the AA had the embossed bead in the heel panel like the AB's do. I know the 1909 cars were plain. It's also missing the serial tag, which should be under the front seat on the heel panel... or at least I may see it in the wrong location on the side of the frame. When the serial tag is missing or moved, that's always a warning bell. It's missing the tool box too.

I asked the owner for pics of the engine and dash within 5 minutes of this ad hitting the forum a few days ago. I thought a 1910 would be a good addition sitting next to my 1911 AB.
I got a text with the same three pics but nothing else. Scam, most likely, and while the sum of the parts were certainly worth 16K, that car would have to be gone over very thoroughly to authenticate it. Maxwell cars are notorious for being the sum of a couple years put together. Much like the Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:34 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/801481.html?1508938492

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/801480.html?1508935011

Different car but same owner backed out deal, even the same wording.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/801554.html?1508935681

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration