Please delete classified ads by Irv Carlisle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Please delete classified ads by Irv Carlisle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 09:03 am:

This is just a big wast of time ...

" Regrettably, the owner told me on the phone he has withdrawn his offer to sell this/these item(s).

As Agent, I pledge to keep your contact information and in the event circumstances change, I will let you know.

I apologize.

Sandi Baker

sbtucson@live.com "

Please delete these ads.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Bourgeois,Aldergrove BC,Can. on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 10:27 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Larson on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

More than that, they should be banned from mtfca.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

I have had better luck reaching Chris via PM than posting in the forum on the hope that he will see my post before it sinks out of sight.

Just sayin' :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

See my posting;
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/801470.html?1508945688
I found two other ads with all most the same wording that had been posted in the classifieds in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Shore on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Irv Carlisle is a real person and the cars are real. I last saw Irv about two years ago and he was not in good health then and I am sure he has not gotten any better. I don't know Sandi Baker, but Irv is not a computer person so she must be doing the ads for him.Why make a big deal about deleting the ads which all have the same apology posted to let everyone know that things have changed and not let the ads keep going on. I have seen other ads here of cars for sale and then a new post saying car no longer for sale, whats the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

Frank,

Is Sandi Baker actually Irv Carlisle ?

Seems you donít know ....

Neither does anyone else.

No one knows who actually owns what was posted for sale - then pulled.

That is why the classified ads should be deleted.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/801469.html?1508935321

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Roberts on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

I spoke to Sandi Baker regarding the 1913 Model T she gave me the number for Irv Carlisle and I spoke to him about the car as well.She also sent me pictures. Both of them are for real, I believe its just a case that Irv has decided not to sell the vehicles for now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Shore on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Since there was an Email I sent one to her for some answers. She is the sister of Irv's wife Millie and she posted the ads for him. She told me that his "health continues to deteriorate and there are no bright tomorrows"
.She told me it was to much for him at this time about selling the cars and truck so she posted to end the sales. If all who read my first post it is about the same here only I have listed who Sandi Baker is. I have nothing to do with the condition or prices, only to say that the cars are real and Irv and Sandi are not the same person.If anyone thinks it is a scam, oh well to each there own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 01:43 am:

Frank,

I am sorry that Mr. Irv Carlisle is not in good health.

It appears the registration and account created to sell several vehicles and a frame using his name were not created by him.

Whoever did that should have not used his name but use their own and explain what the circumstances were for selling the cars and the frame.

Since none of the items listed are for sale - since the account created was not Mr. Irv Carlisle - the classified ads should be deleted and the account deleted as well.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Shore on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 10:40 am:

I am sorry you feel so strongly about one person trying to help another person do something that they are unable to do for themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Sure seems like a lot of carrying on about an insignificant matter. Sorry Mr. Carlisle isn't doing well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:55 am:

WOW thats amazing . Whats that ? Some kind of Forum police ? Im new here but all my old friends told me about some obnoxious behavior by some members that dont even owe a model t but think theyre the forum administrators .
Nice of you Frank and best of luck to your friend .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

There is a posting here asking by the person listing the ad how to remove the ads.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/801554.html?1508990738

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald Bolser - Danville, IL on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 09:52 pm:

Irv Carlisle is one of the Founding (Charter) members of the Indy 500 Chapter of the MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 01:26 am:

We know Mark ! Thats why theres no reason for these people to be harassed .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 08:24 am:

Freighter,

Since none of the items listed belong to you - since the account created was not yours - the classified ads should not be deleted at your request.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 10:32 am:

It would be really great if the classifieds would go back to a regular classified ad format where there isnít ENDLESS DISCUSSION of virtually every item posted. This sort of thing is baloney...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 11:58 am:

I wholeheartedly agree!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

By and large this system works MOST of the time, and the discussions can be interesting and educational. However, once in awhile it does veer off and become a bit annoying. This will soon drop off if we, including me, just let it die.

Sorry for bringing it to the top--but I wanted to defend this system

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

This Horse is Dead, Keep Your hands on the wheel, watch out for ice patches, Have a safe trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill's Auto Works Wakeman, Ohio on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:07 pm:

Fords Masterpiece,NJ you are so very correct sir!

I can scroll through the days threads & know exactly which ones that person will be commenting on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

And the person who comments the most about these things and has appointed himself Police Chief doesn't even own a Model T, has never been on a tour, nor been active in the club on a local or national level!!!

I agree, there should be no comments posted on the classifieds. Ford Barn does it right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Friday, October 27, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Ron -that's right --and in the event there should be a unique situation arise it can always be discussed on the forum

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration