For Sale: 1921 Engine, Fresh rebuild, Balanced crank, Z head, Electronic IGN,

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: 1921 Engine, Fresh rebuild, Balanced crank, Z head, Electronic IGN,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

Block ser # 5,449,XXX. Bored 20 over, block decked Aluminum pistons, all new babbit, New counter balanced crank, Lightened flywheel, Z head, New "Laurel/Roof" .310 lift camshaft by "Stipe", special wide head tappets for high lift cam, over sized valves. Engine is on a 4 dip pan with a completely rebuilt/ balanced 26-7 transmission. Too much to list here. Phone 720-289-2896 and I will email you a 4 1/2 page Data sheet complete with parts $ and labor performed.
Price is Firm at $4,540.00 that is 25% off of cost to build. G1G2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 01:56 pm:

Same picture twice, oopsG#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Poole on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Chuck,
I can see a blanked-off generator cover, and you have a battery hooked up to a starter post, but I can't see a starter. Looks like an external oil line to the front of the pan in the picture, as well as distributor set up. A bit of mix and match, which is fine for a good runner, but what besides the head, pan, and transmission is not '20? Who completed the babbit and line boring? Mains stock or oversize? Is there a generator that goes with the engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Richard, Engine will not come with a starter or a generator, intake, carb, or exhaust. Mike Riechter did all of the Babbit work on this engine in the late 90's The engine is on a 4 dip pan and has a completely rebuilt 26-7 transmission complete with ball bearing 4th main. Mains and rods are stock dimensions as it has a new balanced crank. Send me your email and I'll send you the rest of the story :>) 720-289- 2896 If I send out enough copies of the data sheet I can consider myself published pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

BTT Yes the price is still firm. One item not listed on the early copys of the data sheet is I have a notarized bill of sale for a 21 roadster with this engines number on it. So if you need a bill of sale for your 21 and an engine capable of very good performance for a long time to come, here it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Chuck that's a good deal (BTT)
The 13 is doing great and still without a scratch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Gebeau on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Chuck, I am interested purchasing the engine from you. I will be in Monument, CO for a few days at Thanksgiving and could pick it up at that time. If this is of interest to you, lets talk. If by phone, my number is (505) 287-3613 or we can e-mail also. Art Gebeau -MTFCA #24351.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Hal, We are missing #13 on those warm sunny days when we take a drive in the country. We plan to bring the racer now on our profile to the Cal. tour in early June. See you there??

Arthur, I will PM you to get your email.

Thanks All! Chuck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Smith Littleton, Co. on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

New News, No surprise. Thank you to all who have responded and shown interest in the 21 engine. It has sold and is headed home. Thank You Randy! Thank you MTFCA! Be advised another engine may be available very shortly as I have had NO financial response from the party that has promised two months ago to purchase same. Stand by for an "A" cranked engine with some cool extras.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration