Wanted - lid or whole coil box for 1913 T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - lid or whole coil box for 1913 T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 05:15 pm:

I bought a 1913 Model T pick up in February and had it shipped to the UK. It arrived today. It's not entirely original, but it will suit me OK. It has lost the lid to the coil box during the journey. I can't remember if it sloped or was flat! It was dovetailed mahogany.

Does anyone have a lid? Or, perhaps a whole box? If there was a contemporary metal design, with an aperture for the switch gear, I would consider that instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

You need to post which box you have. There were several different makers of the coil boxs and not all will interchange.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Thursday, October 26, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

What is the name on the switch, also if original it may have non-standard coils I believe the standard coils started in 1914. RV Anderson would be the person in the know. Pictures are almost a must!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration