Wanted:Wood Coilbox latches

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted:Wood Coilbox latches
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Looking for a set of wood Coilbox latches as seen in photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 05:04 pm:

I think someone is making them. Check with RV Anderson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

That latch was used on the 1913 KW box only. The mixture control next to it is not 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman W. Woolley on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 08:50 am:

I think i have a set new repros.will take look and let you know next couple days.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 11:25 am:

I had a short run of these made in Sweden a number of years ago. I will sell you a set if you can't find them elsewhere. Unfortunately they are expensive, $80 for a full box set. The upper section, as pictured, is somewhat similar to the far more common Heinze latch but it has three mounting screws and is taller than the shorter Heinze's two screw piece. The bottom section with the latch is identical to the Heinze, however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Error correction: The Heinze's "two screw section" is misleading; actually the Heinze latch is riveted onto the wood box and lid. I apologize.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration