FS - 1926 Fordor with Frontenac, Stromberg, Warford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS - 1926 Fordor with Frontenac, Stromberg, Warford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Tucker on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

New poster here, not normally a prewar guy but this is a very neat community. I purchased this T for the body. My plan was to part it out, chop it up, and built a period correct 40's-50's hot rod. (I know that's probably a very unpopular plan around here)

Anyway, in doing some research before parting it, I've come to realize this is a bit of a unique setup. My conscience has gotten the best of me so I've decided to offer it whole to the T community before I do anything to it.

As far as I know, the car is complete. The fenders, running boards, and interior have been removed but I believe I have everything. Not a whole lot left of the interior. The frame has a late 1926 serial number. I do not have a title. The car has been in a barn since last being tagged in the 60's so clearly she's got some surface rust but seems to be a solid body to me.

I have zero experience with T's but from what I can tell it's running a Frontenac R/S/T head with a Stromberg OS-2 carb. Also has a Warford 920-1 aux trans. Again, no expert but very cool in my eyes.

All in all, it may not make economical sense for me to sell as is but I figured I'd give her one last chance at life. I have an idea what it would cost to buy another body and also what it would be worth to part this one out. I'm entertaining any offers on the whole car. Car located in Delaware. Mtucker2006@msn.c o m

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Tucker on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 08:19 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Matt: If you were closer to my location I would give you a bid. I hope you don't part the car out. That four door heavey car needs the extra power that that engine can deliver. Good luck with the sale. Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:21 am:

btt . Yeah, if you were $1000 further southwest, I'd offer $7500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Tucker on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

Thanks guys. Sadly,I don't think location is on my side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Pull the head and sell it separate. Should be able to ship fairly easy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 08:18 am:

If there are any upholstered door panels I'd have an interest in them if you decide to part it out. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration