WTB, complete Stromberg RF carb or parts for a Stromberg RF carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB, complete Stromberg RF carb or parts for a Stromberg RF carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Looking for a "parts" carb or complete Stromberg RF carb. Thanks : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:25 am:

I just sold all my RF parts to Rich Chillingworth in Tulsa. Finished throwing a couple more things in the box today, taped it up and will mail it in the morning. He will have everything you could possibly want or need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Thanks Stan, maybe Rich will see this request. Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Bruce, when Stan's box of RF carb parts arrives I'll inventory what's there. From the sound of it, I'm sure I'll be able to help you out.

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Rich, put me down too.

john

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 12:40 pm:

It should be there Wednesday. I've been trying to clean up the shop a little and throwing more stuff in the box.

I was gone several days last week, Senior girl is in Volleyball, District tournament, first game 100+ miles of two lane away at 9:30 AM, fortunately no traffic here but were a couple long days -- last games at 7:30 PM. I may be getting volleyballed out. Except they made it to divisionals, first game Thursday 125 miles away in the other direction, then I have an auction Saturday. Rich can sell RF parts and make money and I will go cheer. Maybe they will make state.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Compton on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

Thanks Rich; Send a PM when you finish going through Stan's goodies. Cheers : Bruce

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

Hey Stan, Good Luck to your Senior Volleyball player. Those tournaments can go on forever, Luckily its girls playing, BTDT. To me they're more fun to watch than the boys.

In your "Spare" time don't forget that '12 Maxwell Carb you've been working on for me. Hee hee

You've heard the saying the Faster or "Older" we get the More Behind we Are. Sure is true some days and more of them lately. Good thing Winter is coming for you up there so you can Hibernate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

I'm trying to sell enough carburetors so I can go to Texas for a month or so after Christmas. So far I have enough to get about 8 miles south of our city limits.

Sandi's son never played much sports due to blowing out his knee as a freshman out for football at 5'4" and 135 pounds. Tough as nails but got run over and since has had several operations on his knees. I went to his music concerts and speech tournaments and etc. but no sports. We did guns n motorcycles n stuff but no typical high school sports. The girl has been in virtually everything from Cross Country to Basketball, Track, etc. No basketball this year and no more running for awhile. She placed in the top ten in Cross Country in Montana for 3 years, 9th, 10th and this year 8th, as a sophomore she got 11th. She has a wall full of medals and ribbons for sports and scholastic achievement. She will be valedictorian and is on a career path for law. Freshman in college next year, probably in Missoula where Spencer is a Junior this year. I will miss all this when she is gone off to be a grown up.

As far as the carburetors, I'm pretty well caught up, have about half a dozen to go, working as many hours as I can; 9 pm, going to get something to eat and back to the shop for a couple hours. As you probably know, I have a whole chingo of them on my website and dozens more to list, have sold a few, need to sell of all of my accessory carb collection and dozens of back stock and parts. Also have half a dozen Ruckstells from cheap on up and about 15 engines and a couple 26/7 bodies for T stuff to get rid of. Also my 13 Maxwell is going, lots of other stuff. Biggest problem is I am too busy to take photos and get the stuff listed.

I'll test run the 12 Maxwell carb again as soon as this storm blows through and get it back to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

I'm also not doing any more T carbs newer than Holley G -- only early ones for T's -- 5 ball, 4 ball, 4100, Buffalo, etc, NRS carbs, etc. Still buying and selling and rebuilding Stromberg OF's but no more of the common ones. There is a lot of business out there for a QUALITY rebuild of NH's but nobody seems to be seriously interested. I think the whole "service to the hobby" business is going south. Hard to say.

Off to a cheap cheeseburger and back to the shop.

I've been working on a better system for the needle and seat in the early Kingstons, have it working and will be installing it in a a couple 5 balls and a 4 balls that are pretty close to next in line. Just sent off a 5 ball that it worked great in. Does not destroy in original integrity of the bowl, which is what most rebuilds and conversions have done in the past.

Prototype.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 11:12 am:

Stan, I hope there are a couple of U&J's in the soon to be done pile.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Rick, your U & J carburetors are in the mail. Last I checked with you I didn't think you were in a big hurry so I was waiting to ship them until I got more of the reproduction U & J choke setups done and was going to throw 3 of them in the box for your U & J's. Still don't have them done so I mailed the carbs today.

Gene, as I told you, I had intended to be in Fresno, California about two weeks ago, bring the Schebler along and make a trip on down to LA to see if we could get the Maxwell to run. I made a few changes to the adjustment lever I broke when I was there working on it so it would clear the frame, other than that lever I snapped off trying to bend it to clear the frame the carburetor ran fine on my test engine; as it did before I brought it to California last time and installed it on the Maxwell. I didn't and don't have time to make another trip to California; I ended up sending a guy who works for me to deliver the truck instead of me going down.

We are having nasty weather for another few days; I will test run it one more time before I put it in the box and send it to you, you should have it by the end of the coming week if it warms up enough to test run it again.

As you know, I made a complete new idle assembly to replace the one somebody soldered shut on a former rebuild attempt. Other than that added idle assembly, it is just another Schebler D. The car has more problems than a carburetor rebuild is going to solve.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration