Wanted - One 1925 Touring Front Door Check Strap Clamp

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - One 1925 Touring Front Door Check Strap Clamp
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

From looking at earlier posts, it appears that 1925 touring cars used the clamp shown below (picture from an earlier forum post) to clamp the door check strap (front door only?).

Does anyone have one of the special clamps they are willing to sell?

clamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Mark, I've always considered the open car door check straps were held by footman loops and the picture you depicted above was used on the C Cab TT s. Maybe an expert can chime in here. But I have an item exactly like in your picture that I'd sell. PM me if still interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Thanks George, PM has been sent. Here is a thread documenting the use of this clamp:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/547647.html?1433642354

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Mark is correct for 1925 models, I restored a roadster back in the 80s when these were easier to find. There was also one used during the 20s that was flat without the X, Don't know about rear touring check strap,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 01:49 pm:

Well, that's interesting...Mark, I'll send you a pic of the item I have...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

Door check strap clamp sent to Mark....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Thanks George! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration