1923 Touring project. Shed find.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1923 Touring project. Shed find.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jake steele on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

I recently rescued this touring from a shed in SW Portland where it had sat for a couple of decades. It is a complete car and ready to be restored or fixed up. The gentleman I got the car from bought it as a nice running and driving car all those years ago, but never learned how to drive it. Instead, he let it sit in his shed and forgot about it, until I approached him and convinced him to let me save it, rather than let it rot into the dirt floor.

The body is in overall fair condition. It has rust in the very rear in the lowest area, which has caused the rear to sag a bit, as well as the passenger side splash apron. The tires are all flat and rotted, but the wheels are in good shape. The top material is gone, but the actual bows/top mechanism is there and in usable condition. The motor turns over with the hand crank, I have not attempted to start it. It does have a starter. It has a honeycomb radiator and luggage rack. It is otherwise a no-frills car, but it is a very worthy candidate for restoration that I am hoping somebody wants to take on. It came to me with no title, I will be selling with a bill of sale.

The car is located in Fairview, Oregon, which is 15 miles east of Portland.

This is a great entry level car for someone who wants an honest rig to start out with. I would love to see someone restore this car. Unfortunately, it won't be me, there are too many in line in front of her.

I can be reached by phone or email.

$3950

(503) 348-7134

Estrangedcc@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jake steele on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Madison on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

Trade you a 30 A Chassis that was abandoned in my yard -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jake steele on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Matt, if you were a really nice guy, you'd put that in the shop for me and start working on it...

I'll come get it, gotta make some room!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

BTT

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration