Wanted - Moore aux. trans. parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - Moore aux. trans. parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

I'm looking for the following Moore aux. trans. parts for a T (not TT which was different).

If you have any of the parts pictured but in better condition than the ones you see, please send me a PM (Private Message), do not reply here. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 02:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Hard to find parts. I wish you success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

Thanks.

Still looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 08:49 am:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

All the round parts look like pretty simple parts to reproduce to me. Have you looked into making new ones yet? Seems like a couple lengths of prehardened chromolly rod, a bit of lathe time, and a guy with an EDM machine could make everything but the shift fork pretty easily.

The shift fork could possibly be brazed up using a TIG welder and silicon bronze filler rod. This would provide a decent wear surface without compromising the heat treat too bad.

Either way... Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 02:41 am:

Thanks for your comments Kevin. I'm waiting to see how one last lead pans out, but it looks like I probably will end up doing what you suggest. Trying to keep the cost down as in the end if the total cost nears the price of a all new Ruckstell or KC then it's a no-brainer which is the better way to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 06:05 am:

Constantine, when I rebuilt the Moore in my roadster buckboard I had three layshafts machined, case hardened and centreless ground. The largest expense was the grinding. The output shaft would also be a relatively simple machining job other than cutting the keyway. it could be hardened at the same time as the layshaft.

The 'teeth' on the sliding engagement dog are huge.I would have no concerns using that dog as is. The bruising on engagement is bound to happen on a new dog also. If you have the original shifter mechanism with its positive engagement lock-in at the quadrant, it cannot jump out of gear, even if there is a little ramping on the dog teeth.

For what it's worth.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration