Wanted pair of Rajo pressed steel valve covers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted pair of Rajo pressed steel valve covers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

I would like to buy a pair of the sheet metal, pressed steel Rajo valve covers. I will be rebuilding my engine this winter on the speedster project and would like an original pair of the covers to use with my 4 valve head instead of the repro aluminum covers. you can contact me at dobro (at) artelco.com or send a PM message. Thanks ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

These are the valve covers Im looking for

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

I have an original pair of heavy pressed steel RAJO valve covers I may let go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Donnie,

Sorry. The plates have been sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, November 04, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Mark, Thanks anyway... Anyone else have any...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Donnie you said you are looking for a pair? The picture is of the one piece that covers both towers, it was an original with the open back that could clear the coil box? They made after market two piece I was told. Been looking for a pair myself. I will start out running mine like Seth does with oilers on top and towers exposed until I find a set. I might be all wrong, this is my first 4 valve. Sam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Sorry Donnie I re-read the post, I thought you were talking about the two pcs tower post. I now see what you are talking about on the side plate valve covers
Sorry for the post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

No problem Sam. This is also my first Rajo... I have both style of the "rocker arm" covers you mentioned. There is the style shown above with the open back design, and I also have the two separate covers. I have found out that the original open back design will not work with the repro heads and rockers. The original rocker cover is not tall enough. When it is resting on top of the rockers there is still about 3/4 inch gap at the bottom of the cover. I think the repro rocker towers are taller than the original rocker towers. I am not sure about that as I have no original towers to measure. I think that is why the repro heads came with the cute little separate covers. I hope someday, if I live long enough to re-cast the original style cover, and enclose the rear side and make the cover one inch taller. If a person is not using "stock coils" the rear side of the cover does not need to be open. Im still looking for a pair of the steel side covers if any one has a pair ...... anyone ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Parts found. Thanks to a fellow forum member, who Ill leave anonymous for now, since Im not sure he would care or not to be named. I now have a nice pair of original covers for the project . Thanks mtfca .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

You lucky dog you, now if I can just find a pair, repop's or otherwise.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration