For Sale NOS green sun visors one pair in box for open or closed cars

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale NOS green sun visors one pair in box for open or closed cars
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

I found 10 pairs of NOS sun visors at the Petitt Jean swap meet last Sept. I have seven pair for sale. They are NOS in the boxes but the boxes had been wet or sat on the shelf for many years and drew moisture. So they are not perfect. I would give them a 8 or 9 out of 10 as to condition. There is some rust on a few of the clamp U-brackets and screws that clamp them to the windshield frames. The green visor material has a little wavieness (if that is a word) to them. These were just cheap sunvisors in the day, so thay may have always been wavy green material. It is not bad but just want to say they are not perfect flat material. The nickel plating is pretty good, and should clean up with steel wool. Overall I think they will clean up well and display good and still work as designed to work. They clamp to any roadster or touring windshield frame that is 1 inch in diameter. The clamps fit tightly and will scratch the paint when installed. The set screw does not need tightened enough to dent the windshield, but it also will lightly scratch the paint where it makes contact. They also will work on closed cars by not using the U-clamps and just attach to the header with screws. I have five pair with the U-brackets for open or closed cars and two pair with out the u-brackets that will only work on closed cars. I will take 75.00 plus 13.60 shipping for the pairs with the roadster/touring u-brackets and 60.00 a pair plus 13.60 shipping for the closed car sets with no u-brackets. I will ship International for actual shipping costs. I will post several photos showing the visors. I also have shown one visor mounted to a 23-25 windshield frame. The 15 to 22 frames are the same size cross section in the place that the visors fit. So these will fit 1915-27 models. I do not have any 14 and before frames to try them on. Just to be clear.... You will be buying one pair of visors in their original box. either with or without u-brackets depending on your choice. If you have any questions please send a PM message or e-mail to: dobro (at) artelco.com and Ill answer them the best I can. First come first served. In over 35 years of messing with T parts I have only seen a few of these before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

I forgot to mention that the visors are "spring loaded" and will rotate up or down for use or out of the way, and has "Stops" in several different locations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Monday, November 06, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Donnie - Is there any manufacturers information on the boxes? Looks like something is stamped in the one frame but it is hard to see in the picture.

Neat find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Dan, There is nothing written on the boxes. The visors have "Ford Manufacturing Co. Memphis Tenn." stamped into the lower edge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Four sets spoken for, pending payment.

Still have one closed car set and three open car sets.

thanks mtfca ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

I counted wrong. I have one closed car set and two open car sets left. sorry I had a "brain malfunction" :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

I will take an open set I pmd u

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

Patrick, contact me at dobro (at) artelco.com your PM message does not have your contact info. for me to send a return message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 06:18 am:

Email sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 10:06 am:

I think all the visors are spoken for pending payments. I was swamped with orders all at once. There may be one more open car set left, but I want to take care of all sales first, then see what is left after the smoke clears :-) Thanks again to mtfca ..

For those who have never sold group lots of items on the forum or e-bay. It can get very confusing at times. Using these sales as an example.

I only had 7 items for sale

each sale required about 3 e-mails to complete the sales for a total of aprox 21 e-mails

then there were 5 e-mails asking a question, for a total of 5 more e-mails

Then some of the communications are either e-mail,PM message, or phone call

So with a total of 26 messages of some kind, dealing with 5 different people (whose names always sound or look alike) going to five different address in two different countries, it can almost overwhelm a "old farts" brain :-) :-)

Im not complaining, just trying to explain why sometimes Im slow to answer or seem confused.

Thanks again mtfca and all the people who buy my items .....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration