Parts Early

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Parts Early
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alpha P. Stone on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I am helping an old guy go thru parts and he has an
early rear taper leaf spring that one leaf curls up
for the clip. We have been told 09-11...cannot load pictures...pm me and I will send to you..don't know what it is worth been told #250????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, November 07, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

That spring was used up through 1918. The going price for one in good condition would be $100 or less.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 06:55 am:

Complete taper leaf springs are worth more than that. Someone had a display of several them at Hershey and when I went past them Friday, it looked like at least half were gone. Iím pretty sure they were well over $100...

If they were in great shape, smooth with no pitting and no wear-thru at the shackle eye, I think you may squeeze $300 out of one on a good day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 08:04 am:

I wonder if Larry meant just the ONE spring leaf?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Value around here is in line with Larrys price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:47 am:

No, I meant the whole thing. I bought one recently for my '17 coupe for $80.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:49 am:

I have a couple in my container - couldn't get $100 at the local swap meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 11:04 am:

I've never sold or bought a tapered leaf rear complete spring for more then 100.00.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 11:52 am:

I bought a very nice set of rear tapered springs at a swap meet last summer for 80.00 .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Anyone have a clip that goes on the rear tapered spring with a bolt that goes through the rolled spring eye?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

Anyone have a nice tapper leaf front and rear up for grabs...? Don't need show quality, but don't want scrap yard condition either. 1-423-284-9750 thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

Seems like a new guy trying to help an older gentleman clear our his parts stash. Maybe someone needs to pm him and help him with values.....who know what there maybe in this parts stash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Taper fronts are worth more rear 125 front 175 in good shape
Well thats what i seen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 11:21 am:

A guy at Hershey a couple spots down from where I am had two nice rear taper leaf springs for $75.00 each..... he took them back home Saturday.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration