Ruckstell kit for sale $750

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Ruckstell kit for sale $750
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Here is a Ruckstell kit made up of good USED parts that I have been hoarding for awhile. I have several other ones and am cleaning out my Ruckstell parts as I have time; this one is for sale.

It is not a new kit and if I was going to put ten thousand miles a year on a T in the mountains hauling a 300 lb girlfriend and her sisters every day I would probably buy a new one.

But. This will make a usable Ruckstell for the guy who is driving his T like most of us do, a few thousand miles a year.

What you see is what you get. Notice the piece broken out of the shift lock. About 2/3 rds of them are, it should never cause a problem.

The bronze plate is clean serviceable, you may or may not want to but a new thrust plate, I'd use this one and never bat an eye, it is smooth enough to run forever, I cleaned it up. It fits the plate with only a few thousands clearance. The gears are good for many miles. I will throw in a used bearing. I am always suspect of bearings, a new one is usually available on ebay for 35-40 bucks, from the suppliers they are less than $100.

You will need a set of ring gear bolts and a few shims. Since the bronze plate has been cleaned up it will take a .010 shim in the carrier to keep the clearance right, etc.

Considering that a new set like this is about $1700 this is a good deal if you have the skills to do a little work on it and time to spend to get it right.

Again, this is not a new kit, it is a set of usable parts that can be assembled to make a driver Ruckstell.

Stan Howe 406-949-3448 stanhowemt@aol.com

Shipping is $35 Priority Mail in the US.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration