I need this carburetor bowl

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: I need this carburetor bowl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

I've been waiting to try out an NH straight through carburetor I found at Hershey and rebuilt. The bowl on mine was too damaged to fix ... so I asked on the forum to find another. The response was well meaning but I received two incorrect bowls. So, I'm still looking.

So, is there anyone out there who can spare a correct offset drain bowl for an NH carburetor? Will pay cash or a box of mixed carburetor parts. The bowl diameter [where it meets the body] is 2 7/8" diameter and the hole on the bottom where the large brass mounting bolt goes is 9/16" diameter. The bowl is straight sided rather than rounded. The brass drain housing on the bottom is a cylinder rather than faceted like a nut.

The bowl sent to me on the left is not correct. The bowl on the right it correct. mosterman@eastman.org

bowl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:40 pm:

Mark.. I have one I can spare. I am in need of brass Holly G (3 screw) parts. Specifically, I need the choke valve and single cast brass choke lever. Do you have any of those parts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Hey James,

Email me with pictures of what you need. Or ... I have two or three of those carbs and you can have all of them if you can supply me with the right bowl. Should look like the one on the right with the measurements I included above.

Thanks,

Mark Mosterman@eastaman.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Mark,
I emailed a photo. The dimensions are correct. I'll take whatever Holley G 3 screw parts you have. Let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

James came through !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, November 08, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Glad to help, Mark! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration