For Sale: Unusual Early Valve Spring Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: Unusual Early Valve Spring Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

This is a small and quite unique valve spring tool manufactured by the "KD Mfg. Co. Land, PA, Patent Nov 23, 1920." Stamped "Kay Dee Special" Really neat little tool. $40 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

One of the best for T valve work - hands-free once compressed !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

I use one of those and they are great

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 05:25 am:

The really nice thing about these is the compressed spring stays in shape. This allows fitting Chev valve spring caps and makes the fitting of the fiddly collets just as easy.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 05:27 am:

The really nice thing about these is the valve spring stays in shape when compressed, making the fitting of a Chev cap and collets that much easier.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Geil on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Larry sent pm

Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 10:50 am:

I too have one of these. Someone in the past made the opening in the lower jaw wider(?), they still work slick! I use a needle nose pliers to install the pins, don't want my fingers in there if they slip. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Saturday, November 11, 2017 - 11:39 am:

That's what's nice about this one - can't slip as is locks into place until released !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration