WTB 1915 Brass Dashplate

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 1915 Brass Dashplate
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Aspenson on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

I've read different threads and it sounds like some plates from that era had no number stamped on the plate... Would prefer a numbered one even though I'm sure any numbers wouldn't match my 1915.
Thanks,
Rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 08:42 pm:

I believe the plates without numbers are reproduction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Aspenson on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Thanks! Yes, I know you can buy new ones but I'd really like to find an original that is numbered...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

I have run in to several originals with outnumbers. I believe that two were stuck together when installed. The numbers never match after the B numbers in early 1913 model year. The numbers are about 12000 higher on the plates. There are two versions of the 1913-1915 vin plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Heres a used 1915 with no numbers, not sure if its a repo? Arent repos silk screened not raised lettering like this one? They have been repoped for over 50 years so who knows.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1910s-Ford-Motor-Company-Brass-Automobile-Name -Plate-No-Serial-Number/332447641966?hash=item4d676c716e:g:5s0AAOSwDFBaCQID&vxp= mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 03:26 pm:

Looks original. Repros (most) are etched, but the letters are not raised as much as the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodney Aspenson on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 09:30 am:

Thanks Ed for the link, wouldn't you know it, I missed it!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration