FS New TT Inner Rear Axle Seal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS New TT Inner Rear Axle Seal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 04:20 am:

This is for one of the aftermarket Neoprene oil seals that goes in behind the outer axle bearing, it's brand new, never used. I had one go bad because I didn't get it installed correctly and had to buy a pair to fix it. They work really nice. New they are $37.95 for a pair. $15.00 plus shipping, which won't be much. Maybe this will keep you from having to buy a pair if you don't them both. :-) Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 04:23 am:

Forgot to say I have a pair of used differential gear lock rings for the axle shaft that I'll throw in with it. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Bump. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:57 am:

$10.00 plus shipping. Meant to say axle gear lock rings. :-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:05 am:

David, where were you when I needed you! I too had a problem with one seal and had to order the set. I figured out why the seal leaked. I pushed the seal on using the race remover which pushed the outer part of the thin washer. It allowed the washer to convex and not keep the seal tight on the axle. The new way to avoid it was to use a pipe that just fit over the axle and forced the thin washer to stay tight on the axle. Lesson learned. Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:22 am:

R.S., I didn't get the housing clean enough and the silicone sealer that I used let go. My fault. The other side worked great as did the replacement. The seals themselves are great. As you said, lesson learned. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Bump. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration