Wanted Frontenac model T rocker arms

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted Frontenac model T rocker arms
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

I'm looking for a nice set of Frontenac model T rocker arms and stands, I also need push rods. If you've got any of these I would be very interested.
Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

I have some two hole towers and rockerarms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

I think that's what I need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Iíll post you a pic tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

Sounds great, thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 02:11 am:

Fronty towers used a single bolt attachment for all the R,S and T heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 09:27 am:

I believe Dan is right. My towers are the two bold design. Possibly for use with a RAJO. The rocker arms shoul be interchangeable though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

All Fronty T,S,R, and SR used 1 & 1/2 -1 rockers with adjustment on pushrods Rajos used 2 ratios neither 1 & 1/2 and most had adjuster on rocker arm. If you find original stands and rockers but no pushrods I have Smith Bros. in Bend Or. make 5/16 hollow with adjuster (stronger than solid originals) I use 223 Ford Six rockers if I can't find original they are correct lenghth and ratio have adjuster on them so have 5/16 hollow pushrods made with correct ends and lenghth which is determined by rocker stand and valve height. You want rocker arm parallel with deck at 1/2 valve lift. Hope this helps Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

picture of 223 rockers on SRpicture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Scott,

I have a complete restored SR head and engine. I just wanted to have a couple of spare rockers for roadside emergencies.

Was there a lot of modification for the 223 rockers?. Wonder if they work with original push rods.

thnx

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 11:55 am:

no they are not a direct replacement different shaft diameter and pushrods

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration