EARLY Two Piece Timer 1909-1910-1911

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: EARLY Two Piece Timer 1909-1910-1911
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

EARLY Two Piece Timer 1909-1910-1911
Brand new reproduction.

$950.00 OBO including free shipping in the US.

Timer front

Timer rear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Joseph Emling on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:36 pm:

Hi, will you take 250.00. The repo have soft steel for the rollers and need new ones made with reamer stock. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Joseph Emling on Friday, November 17, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Will you take $250.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 02:12 am:

$850.00 OBO including US shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

I'd go $300, that's the going rate around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Id go $300. That's the going rate around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

How come when I post a response, it doesn't show up? When I repost, both show up and I look like a fool. ;^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Richard,
#1 You are no fool.
#2 If you are going back to the classifieds (after making your post) by using the back arrow, then you are seeing the classifieds as saved in your computer's memory before the posting. If you renew the view if the classifieds you should see the new posting included.
#3 I hope this hasn't made me look like a fool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

These timers are very well made and function perfectly. No problems. Worth every penney and no longer available

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

Are you saying it is worth $850?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

I have an original two piece timer off my 1910 T and it's in really good shape and complete; what would that be worth I wonder???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Bill, I know someone well respected in the hobby who sold one a while back like yours for $300. I sold a couple a while back, both in the $300 range.
Oh, just to add, these timers can be restored. True the new ones are no longer being made. The fellow passed away and, last I heard, the heirs are not interested in selling the tooling. But originals can be restored. The cases and rotor bodies are sturdy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Layden, you must be right. I am probably using the back button. Thanks for clarifying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, November 18, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

I will go 400 on thiis. I would use it on my 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond Joseph Emling on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 10:53 am:

I will be willing to pay 425 for the timer. I am looking to finish a early 1911 torpedo with a open engine. This is the final part to make it all correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 11:37 am:

Thanks for the offers. I believe my asking price is fair. And getting close with PM offers. These are beautiful well made timers. Thank you for the input Glenn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Bruce, $850 is a fair price. Someone will buy it because there are very few around. I know that the guys wanting to buy it will hate me for saying that but it is the truth. I would not sell mine for that. Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Boy, am I glad I own a black car! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

I think Darels offer is fair. I've had chances to buy 3 this year, all less then 400. It's not all about the money, this is a hobby. Glen, originals are always worth more then repos, I have an original brass timer that I'll sell you for 1500.00. Do we have a deal? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

I missed out on a repro two-piece timer a couple of years ago at Chickasha for $150.
If I had only been five minutes sooner....
I am glad I already have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

A two piece timer option for everyone.
A new reproduction 850 or an original 1,500 :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

They are worth what ever you are willing to pay as long as someone is willing to take your offer. But the seller also has the right to say no thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Methinks Kim was joking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Shoot, I'd consider selling my original for 1K!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Does anyone have an old non salvageable one I could look at to reproduce by any chance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 09:38 pm:

It appears my ad has turned into more of a discussion for the forum.

For those interested in purchasing my timer, at my price, or close to it, please PM me. I will re-post the ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Timer is sold.
Thank you!

I have one more I will sell at $750 including free US postage. This is the last one I have.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration