Coil Box Mounting Bolts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Coil Box Mounting Bolts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 04:16 am:

I have three pairs of bolts and nuts for mounting the metal coil box to the steel firewall. The bolts have the small 7/16" head x 7/16" long 1/4" carriage bolts. I have seen some of these that have a larger head with a small flat on one side to clear the side of the box, I think both are correct. These bolts aren't perfect, they are just a bit rusty, but should clean up pretty nicely with some minor pitting. The nuts have the 1/2" hex that is off center a bit and have been blasted and painted black. They also have some minor pitting. $5.00 for all 6 pieces plus shipping. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

I will take them - PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 12:51 am:

Sold to Thomas. Thanks Guys. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

FWIW, the clipped head bolts were used with coilboxes that have round mounting holes. The small carriage style bolts were used with boxes that have square holes. This started in later '17.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 05:18 am:

Thanks R.V., I didn't know that. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 05:18 am:

Thomas, email sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 10:50 am:

I believe Ford shortened the length for the metal firewalls.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

R.V. - Do you supply the correct "clipped head" Mounting bolts?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

Not yet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Please let me know if and when you do.

Thanks, Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration