For sale early running board brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For sale early running board brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Hi,

For sale 2 complete set of early running board brackets. I have no idea which years they are? 100$ by set of 4 plus shipping. Kind regards,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, November 20, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Pmed you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Price drop at 90$

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 01:21 pm:

Thank you MTFCA. 1 set is sold. Pending payment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Still one set of 4 for sales :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 07:35 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 11:06 am:

From my research utilizing both the engineering drawings and releases on these, here's how to sorta kinda tell the approximate year (maybe) that they were made. As a general rule, the thicker the truss rod "ears" and runningboard bolt bosses, the earlier the year; however, Ford allowed quite a bit of tolerance in these areas. The late '09-10 truss rod "ears" had a max. thickness of 1/2" and a minimum of 7/16". The '11-'12s were 7/16" and the bolt bosses were 7/16". The early '13 through early '15s were a minimum of 3/8" and a max of 7/16" while most '15s through the remainder of these forgings' production were a minimum of 5/16" and a max. of 3/8". On 2-25-16 the bolt bosses were spec'd at 5/16."

Therefore, due to these wide tolerances, it's entirely possible to have an earlier bracket that is a bit thinner than a later one, and vice versa. About all you can say for sure is, for example, that if you have two brackets, one of which has 7/16" thick "ears", and another with 5/16", the thicker one is definitely earlier. But if you have one that is 13/32" and another that is 3/8", the thinner one could be earlier. Or later. Or both could have been made the same day.

How's that for precision?

One last note on this part: the Ford script was spec'd to be added to the side of the "foot" (where the bolt bosses are) in 1916.

The change to the channel type supports was proposed and first drawn on August 14, 1917, but of course didn't appear until almost three years later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 11:30 am:

I think the parts ID books also show that the curves were different, not just the thickness of the boss. (?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

Thanks RV, great information. Mark, the curves are defiantly different on the 1909-10 brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 12:35 pm:

Thanks RV for the info. As I know very easy to change the curve just warmed them with torch flame. I did for my 1911. Brackets still for sales Gentlemen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 04:42 pm:

Thank You RV !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

There is another way to identify the earlier ones, but just how early they are is problematical.
The running board end has the forge flashings on the top and bottom of the bracket, indicating the forging was done with the blank on the side. This results in a bracket with a cross section which is the same either side of the centreline.

The frame end of the earlier brackets was formed with the flashings either side of the bracket, indicating that this end was formed with the bracket in the vertical plane. The cross section at this point is much more pear shaped, wider at the bottom. The three hole foot where the bracket meets the frame is different as a result. The bottom of the triangle is concave on the early brackets, whereas the later style are convex.

RV's observations fit in with this somewhere, but I cannot help with matching those with my observations. I sold the last two early brackets I had at Bendigo swap last year. Both had the early frame end stamping, but the truss rod lugs were quite different in thickness.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Sunday, February 11, 2018 - 11:17 am:

Price drop at 80$ + shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 - 11:41 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 09:04 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Zimmer on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 01:31 pm:

the pair for sale, do they have 7/16" ear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, May 07, 2018 - 02:45 pm:

I WILL TAKE THE MEASUREMENT TONIGHT WHEN I'M BACK HOME AND LET YOU KNOW. KIND REGARDS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 09:27 am:

HI, THE 2 RUST BRACKETS IS thickness of 1/2" and a minimum of 7/16". THE 2 OTHER ONES IS 7/16". I WILL SELL THESE 4 BRACKETS AT 100$ PLUS SHIPPING. I CHECK ON PREVIOUS CLASSIFIED AND THEY ARE REALLY HARD TO FIND. THE PRICE ASKED IS REALLY REASONABLE, TOM YOU ARE THE FIRST IN LINE. IF YOUR NOT INTERESTED LET ME KNOW I HAVE ANOTHER GENTLEMEN INTERESTED FOR. I LET YOU DECIDED IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. NO STRESS.

KIND REGARDS,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bird on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 - 12:00 pm:

I looked for two years to find a matched set for my 12. This is a reasonable price considering I paid $100 for one pair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 - 08:03 am:

Sold to Tom. Thank you MTFCA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 01:04 pm:

I have another set of 4 to sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 03:34 pm:

1909-10 bracket, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - 03:35 pm:

the boss on these are 9/16" thick very heavy, Bob

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration