Carburetor Inventory Reduction Listings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Carburetor Inventory Reduction Listings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 12:52 am:

Here are a few more carbs from my inventory.

First is Zenith 04 on an aluminum manifold that was produced by Eldon Townsend in the 60's to allow the much cheaper and more readily available 04 to be mounted on a manifold like the one made for the SB4F Zenith.

This one is in nice condition, it is exactly like I bought it except I cleaned it up a little. $400 + $20 shipping in the US. Priority Mail.

This is an original Zenith S4BF. This is a great speedster carb or will zip up your sedan or coupe compared to any stock carb. This will be a rebuilt carb with the correct cast iron manifold, new venturi, adjustable main jet etc. They are hard to find and this one is nicer than most. Note that it has the cast iron air intake instead of the brass one -- somebody changed it years ago. Your choice if you want the original cast iron intake manifold powder coated charcoal black to match the air intake on the carb or left alone.

In the photos the throttle arm is broken but I have a correct replacement. Regular price is $850 for this setup, $100 bucks off -- $750 + $20 shipping in the US. Delivery before Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 01:17 am:

I have several two screw Holleys left after selling a couple but digging through the boxes.

First is a very nice one #20. Bowl is excellent, body is nice, I will sell this either as is for $500 or rebuilt with brass float, updated needle and seat, new throttle shaft, etc. for $700 -- which is $100 off the usual price.

Next is #12, good bowl, same carb with the exception of the different adjuster.

$500 or $700 rebuilt.

Here is one #36 with a repaired bowl. Silver soldered. $400 or $600 rebuilt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 01:24 am:

Here is one of the hardest to find. An H-1. These were used in 1912. Nothing from anything else fits them. The bowl is a size unique to this carb, some of the threads are different pitch from other Holleys, etc. This one is very nice and should rebuild very well, it appears to have never been apart, the original cotter pins are in the throttle shaft, etc.

The bowl is decent and I should be able to straighten and resize it. I've sold these for $1000 but discovered this one in a box of carbs I had forgotten I had and decided I would be happy with $700 rebuilt and ready to go.

Stanhowemt@aol.com 406-949-3448 after 8 AM Mountain Time.

I have another 20 or 30 carbs I will be listing as I have time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 01:36 am:

One more for tonight. I found one more U & J. I've been working the last few days getting 3 of them done for Jim, Willie and Shannon and since I use Holley G bowls and machine the U & J body to fit did another 4 or 5 bodies. I will have one or more of those to sell but for now, this is the only one. This is the later version that had the built in throttle arm bell crank for 26/7 T's since there was no hole through the valve cover. These are great for speedsters because you can easily run a foot pedal mechanism to the carb throttle linkage. You can also take the bell crank off and use the stock throttle rod. This one may or may not be new old stock, probably not but it's that nice. It will, of course, get a steel bowl -- polished or powder coated or heat blued, one of the reproduction choke mechanisms and an intake manifold to mount it up. These things run great, if you want some bolt on zoom, this is it. Regular price is $1000, Unca Stan will sell it to you all rebuilt and ready to go for $900. Only have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Cheap Stromberg OF bodies. Some guy sent me these for a partial trade on a rebuild. There were very few usable parts; now they are mostly just bodies. What you see is what you get. If you have a use for them this is a smoking deal. Where else you gonna buy 4 OF's for $200?

$200 + $15 shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Both of the Zeniths are sold. Thanks, MTFCA!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Here is one for today. NOS Sunderman Model F. This is the square body/air valve/cool looking carb that will make conversation at every stop. I have not run this one since I wanted to keep it NOS but they actually run very well. Not many of these around and even fewer that are new old stock. This is the first carb I'm selling out of my accessory carburetor collection.

$175 + $15 shipping in the US. Paypal or check, stanhowemt@aol.com 406-949-3448

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Nice SIMMONS, similar to an NH, very popular carb. This one is as I bought it. Not rebuilt by me but looks like it should be pretty much good to go.

$100 + $15.00 shipping. stanhowemt@aol.com or 406 949 3448

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

The Sunderman carb is sold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

Marvel Schebler for Model T Ford. This is the later version of this with the cable mixture control.

Complete but not rebuilt.

$125 + $15 shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 11:52 pm:

Stan, Looking at the Zenith carbs and wondering how someone runs their fuel line when the intake is on the far side of the carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:21 am:

It can be turned to any position.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

This U & J is sold, I do have another one for the same deal but it won't have the bell crank setup. They are wonderful carburetors. Over the years I've had several new old stock bodies -- all missing the bowl. I think what happened is the dealer installed a new carb, the bowl cracked soon after so they took the bowl off another one to replace the cracked one, never got around to getting another bowl. Nothing will interchange with that bowl that I have ever found.

They are built on some weird measurement system, I have never been able to find a tap so I could make new bowl nuts and the bowls are an odd size as well as being made of thin, brittle brass. Here is how I do them: I machine the body of the carb so it will accept a Holley G bowl, then turn down the stem so I can thread it 1 inch x 24 tpi as well as doing some other modifications so the G bowl will fit. I make new 1 x 24 nuts which takes care of the entire deal. Virtually every one of the venturis is cracked at the top and since they are pot metal are nearly impossible to remove intact. I took one out of a new old stock one for a pattern. Last Sunday I made half a dozen new ones. If you are going to try this at home be aware that a Holley G venturi will drop in the hole but the carb won't run right -- they are a much different profile. The throttle shaft is also always worn pretty bad and lets air leak around it so they won't idle right. The idle passage was soldered shut in three places at the factory, they have to be drilled to clean them or they won't idle.

If all that is done they are, in my opinion, the best of all the accessory carbs for running great, more power, more top speed, classy looks and simple. They will burn more gas than most carbs but that is because you are always "giving it the gas" to show off how fast you are.

In my experience, the three best Zoom Zoom carbs that were sold as accessory carbs in the day were the U & J, the Zenith S4BF and the Rayfield UF. The U & J and Zenith both have their own manifold; the Rayfield bolts to the T manifold. All three of them will liven up a T! If you have never run one you will be amazed.

The best non-T Zoom Zoom carbs that can be adapted are IMHO: For overheads: Sidedraft: Zenith HP5A and HP4U or S and Stromberg MB-1, OS-1 & OS-2 depending on the head you have. All need adapters to fit the T manifold or a special manifold. Updraft: Stromberg OE-1, OE-2, O-2.

MB-1's are very popular for Zoom and are easy to make an adapter to fit a T manifold. Big enough to make your T run like the proverbial annularly decorated Orangutang but still easy to start and will idle well. Also will run on gravity feed since it mounts where the stock carb does. Speedster guys love them. Two of them on a log manifold run great, look fine and are totally maintenance free.

Several years ago I bought all the remaining new old stock MB-1's from the Ace ?? speedster assembly facility in Kentucky. I've sold all but one of those and it has been run a little -- sold it and the guy traded it back in on an HP5A. Still looks NOS but it has been run some. I have several cores to restore. I buy every one I can find since they are one of my favorites. They run as well or better than an OS-1 but the bowl is on the other side so they fit between the frame rail and the engine better than an OS-1. Also, they are a little shorter and easier to get fitted in the space. Ralph Ricks got me hooked on them. That is what he ran on his great race car.

The almost NOS one is $850, restored is $750. Zoom Zoom

U & J Venturi

Stromberg MB-1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

The $750 mb-1 is sold. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Well, the oldest advice in the bars in Montana is: Check your purse before ordering a round for the house. So the MB-1 for $750 is still for sale. =)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration