Model A winfield head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Model A winfield head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 10:29 am:

My cousin wants one of theses. Send emails to email Robertaweitzel@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Robert you might try posting this ad on Fordbarn and HAMB (which can be reached thru Fordbarn) Also help to put wanted in the title! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

But we both still looked. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, November 22, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

How about that Model A head I showed you at Murrieta? Appeared to have higher compression than a stock head. Happy Thanksgiving!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:03 am:

You lookin for an aluminum or iron head? If I have my facts straight... The original Winfield model A heads were iron. Then were reproduced in aluminum starting in the 50's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:30 am:

Bump:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Leach on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 01:35 am:

Robert I PM'd you I have a cast iron Winfield head for a Model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

Craig can you send to email. my pm s. don't get to me thanks Robert. fyi I'm in Arizona this week. I'm headed to the organ stop pizza tonite. mesa Arizona

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Robert if you have not, check your spam file. they may be going there or you need to update your profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Organ stop great pizza and one impressive musical contraption

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 03:08 am:

Sounds like a place we had here in Portland Or. The Organ Grinder Pizza. Big pipe organ and black and white movies. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Leach on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

Robert came by & looked @ the Winfield head, it is not the higher compression version he is looking for. We did have a great time BSing. Robert is very knowledgeable about this stuff I learned a lot from him. here are some pics of the head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Craig glad you to where able to meet up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven King on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

Robert, I am going to put a B head on one of my A's which is a cheaper way to get a boost on the compression. You need a B water pump for that head though. Don't know how that compares to the Winfield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Again if I have my facts straight...

The original cast iron Winfield heads came in 2 compression ratios. There was a 6:1 head painted yellow, and a 8:1 head painted red.

The Stock B head (marked "C") is higher compression than an A head, but not by a bunch. Probably more like 5.5:1. And don't forget to plug the two 1/4" water ports, and the notorious crack between the two holes, near the center head bolt.

There was also a high altitude head (marked "B") that used a standard A water pump. I've also heard this head called a "police head". Never seen one of these off of the car to verify combustion chamber design or ratio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Gentlemen:
I have included a photo of the model B ( marked C) chambers ...and FYI ...we like to call the "B police head " a "Denver Head"...always an optimist...gene frenchbchambers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Carter on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

Iron Winfield heads came in green (5:1, rarely seen), yellow (6:1), and red (7:1).
A stock model A head is 4.22:1
A stock model B (marked C) is 4.6:1
The police heads(marked B) are 5.22:1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 11:54 pm:

Thanks Dave for the specs! I'll update my rememberer... For now at least ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Carter on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:27 am:

No problem, Kevin. My rememberer doesn't always work that great either....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration