Know this guy?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Know this guy?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 08:42 am:

To: warrenfrollins@tds.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:16:24 PM
Subject: Re: Brass Carbide generato hardware

I have Brass Carbide complete for 1913-14 black Carbide generators price 400$ it belong to my uncle and his no more trying to get it out i believe you would love it mode of payment would be Walmart transfer to Indiana thanks

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 7:04 PM, warrenfrollins@tds.net <warrenfrollins@tds.net> wrote:

What do you have and how much should I send you. Top tank hardware. Thanks for responding. Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 08:52 am:

Warren,

If you canít talk on the phone with someone - donít do business with them.

Walmart wire transfer is a red flag.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:04 am:

Not to mention his English......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Eyre on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Usually with a Wal Mart transfer it's a Scam. I'd stay away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:12 am:

He's no good English? That's unpossible.

Googling the email address is usually a good place to start:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/watch-for-alan-featherstone.588226/#pos t-4458587

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Scam for sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:35 am:

Should I get his telephone number before or after I wire him at Walmart. Me do not no!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 09:38 am:

DONT EVER DO A TRANSFER FROM WALMART, ITS A SCAM, IT HAPPENED TO ME

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Sense he not use it any longer, and it a brass carbide complete. You should send first the money wire and ship later the carbide brass to a local Walmart for pick up. I sure he uncle greatly appreciate you business ....

Just too much fun Warren... lol. Happy Thanksgiving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

If you put anything for sale on the Horseless Carriage Club website it's usually something like "Do you still have the item and what is the final price?" Or on a wanted ad they text that they have it and it's ready to ship. It's a whole new ballgame on this buying and selling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

About as straight as a warped 2x4. I have contacted our Admin and beware of buttholes such as this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

He contacted me about a manifold I was looking for, I told him I had found one and he wanted to cut his price, but I told him no thanks seemed fishy.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

on a winfieeld head. he gave me a picture of one from eBay that was sold a while back

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:52 am:

scam scam scam.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Never, never, never, never, never (did I say Never?) go to Wal-Mart and do a money transfer. You will be sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 09:00 am:

He no write good. Dumb scam attempt.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration