Be Careful- we have a Crook lurking on our Board!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Be Careful- we have a Crook lurking on our Board!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 10:29 am:

I was contacted yesterday about my wants by a "Alan Featherstone" who claims to have my needs, including pics. He is a crook who wants money orders and is a scammer.

If you see someone who registers on the same day as the email- be careful!

The email body reads like this:

Thanks alot would prefer a Walmart money transfer its faster and close to the post office send me your address for postage too here is the details you needed at the Walmart..

Name;Anna Marshall
Evansville,
Indiana 47714

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 10:42 am:

I was contacted by him to . i thought the same

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 03:19 pm:

Spread the word- I have also contacted the admin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 10:58 pm:

there have always been crooks and scam artists lurking on this and other internet communities (just like the real world). its just part of the virtual world and the anonymity that is provided for any neer do well that chooses to take advantage of regular honest folk. accept that, do what you can to protect yourself, and get on with your life (just like the real world).

in the meantime, thanks for the heads up. shine a strong light on these cockroaches and most will scurry away.

keep on cranking...
eric

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 11:08 pm:

Anna Marshel is a scammer that name popped in other boards that have forsale/wants section
Keep your witts and check as much as yoi can

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Abigail Smith is a name used on a rash of scams on Craigslist in the northeast (as far as I can search). She says she is a special needs nurse or special education teacher who's husband recently died and she wants the cars sold quickly, hence the bargain prices. All of which could be legitimate. . .

The seller has lots of photographs but an ignorant description of the car like:
4 cylinder
manual transmission
rear wheel drive
fuel: gasoline.

They want your full name, address and phone number to send to eBay so eBay knows that you will be the buyer. (??) You give your money to eBay, they will hold it and if you don't want to buy the car eBay will refund it in 24 hours. Yeah, right.

This has happened to a 1915 Touring, a 1918 Touring, a 1940 Packard, a 1931 Model A Phaeton, a 1929 Model A Coupe. . . . Same story, same BS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. LaFalce on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

I had a run in with Abigail Smith this week. Too screwy for comfort. If it sounds too good to be true...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

I dealt with someone from here on an engine that turned out to be total junk and I paid top dollar. Was told no cracks but it had 2- 31/2 inch cracks in the water jacket and 15 wallerd out oversize head bolts with cracks in 6 of them and 2 had been blown out the side of the block by oversized bolts to big for the already oversized holes and the ear for the fan bolt on the front was broken off. I bought this from a guy in MA. and took his word that it just had a couple striped head bolts. The head he sent me also had the holes drilled so big I can see the holes under the head of the bolts when tight.

It is not always the scammers you have to watch out for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

I'm dealing with a scammer now trying to buy brass carbs. He is going by the name of Apple gate inc.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration