Brass fittings q

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Brass fittings q
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael L on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Hi Id like to find the brass fitting typically used for a fuel line or air pressure line. It is a 90 degree elbow and cast.

The small end is a fine pipe thread which is 3/8 of an inch in diameter. The top one needs to take a 1/4" copper pipe.

I could probably find something new to work but Id rather am old cast fitting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael L on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

Looks like this

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Looks like 1/8" NPT X 1/4" tube

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael L on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 09:19 am:

anything out there? These are typically around and usually live for many years in our spare fittings tin coffee can. Many thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Is this a carburetor inlet elbow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 10:56 am:

Mc-Master or any hardware store. File, grind, or sand to the proper shape. As a matter of fact, I sometimes look in the bins at our local Ace hardware when Im there for something else and occasionally there are still some cast ones coming thru.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael L on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

yes it can be a carburetor inlet elbow.
Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael L on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:37 am:

Just wanted to say thank you, I received some great responses and Tom has helped me out.

I will also be looking for more fittings for fuel lines and various brass bits and bobs, I will post soon with what I am looking for next.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration