WTB 27 TUDOR WIPER ASSY

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 27 TUDOR WIPER ASSY
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shane Lach on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:18 am:

In search of a wiper assembly for my 27 Tudor. Located in Milford, NH. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 11:05 am:

Manual wipers are available from vendors. Genuine Ford accessory vacuum wipers are scare. They command a premium price, and most don't work unless they are restored because of swelling of the pot metal housings and deteriorated internal parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shane Lach on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 11:10 am:

Thanks Terry. I was hoping to find an original manual one as the aftermarket wipers have to be extended for closed cars. If I cant find one I will just extend an aftermarket model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Shane, try Mark at Model T Haven tell him it is for a closed car and is longer than the open cars.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 05:14 pm:

Shane, I meant to say vacuum wipers are scarce; not scare. Anyway, there was an original aftermarket T enclosed car wiper that had an inner and an outer blade. The outer blade was of rubber and wiped the outside of the windshield. The inner blade had a felt insert that wiped the inside of the windshield to 'defog' it. My grandfather's 27 coupe had one and I have seen them for sale on Ebay from time to time. The wiper inserted into the windshield like the regular wiper and the inner wiper slid onto the shaft in front of the handle and was held in place by a set screw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Hey Shane,

Ive got a vacuum (I think?) pot metal type windshield wiper motor thingy. It has a copper tube leading into a half circle, a Trico, like this:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/A6AAAOSwpLNX7W2V/s-l300.jpg

If your interested let me know. Im in NH too!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration