For Sale - Like new 30 x 3 1/2 tires and demountable rims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale - Like new 30 x 3 1/2 tires and demountable rims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 04:48 pm:

This is a pair of like new 30 x 3 1/2 Ward's Riverside tires and demountable clincher rims.

I picked these up several years ago and never ran them. The tires look like they could be new or they only have very few miles on them. The sidewalls have no cracking and the tread still has some of the little tits on them. The tubes are rubber stem.

The rims look to be in good shape. One doesn't have any paint and has light surface rust and the other is painted black but could use a repaint. The only thing I could find wrong with the rims is one mounting hole is a little ovaled out.

I am asking $300 plus shipping for the pair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 07:26 am:

Hi Ed,
I sent you a PM.
Thanks,
Rick Rice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:37 am:

One lug hole is supposed to be ovaled out on each rim. If it wasn’t, you wouldn’t be able to get a rim with an original metal stem off and on the wheel! Look at it closely, it is machined that way. It is always the lug closest to the valve stem. On 23” TT rims, it is two lugs next to the valve stem, and sometimes they are actually split open, not just ovaled out.

Many original lug bolts were sweged into the felloe and not easily removable, ovals and slots in one or two lugs next to the valve stem insured you could “tip” the rim off the felloe without ruining the valve stem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Are they the correct for a 24 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Hi Ed,
I sent you a PM at 7:26 AM this morning and just sent you another one. I checked my email and did not get a response back. I will also check my junk file to make sure. If you have not yet, please respond back.
Kind Regards,
Rick Rice
(330)714-8151
rickrice04@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

Tires and rims are sold.

Thank you MTFCA Classifieds!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration