FYI MTFCA CLASSIFIED- DISAPPOINTING

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FYI MTFCA CLASSIFIED- DISAPPOINTING
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

I HAVE LOVED MODEL T'S FOR OVER 30 YRS. HAVING TRIED TO BUY ITEMS OFF THIS SITE, IS VERY DIFFICULT.THE PEOPLE SELLING ITEMS, NEVER GET BACK TO ME.THIS CLUB IS VERY GOOD FOR THE MODEL T COLLECTOR. HOPE THIS MESSAGE DOESNT UPSET ANYONE.ITS SAD THAT U CANT BUY ANYTHING FROM SOME PEOPLE ON THIS SITE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 07:57 pm:

Chris, First off, please turn you CAPS lock off. It makes it very hard to read.

Second, have you checked your junk mail box on your Email? Sometimes, messages get routed through there. When I try to buy something, I always include my real email in the message so the person can get a direct route to me, rather than depending on the message system through the board.

But most of all, if the item is sold, I really wish the sellers would put SOLD post on the ad. Most do, but not everyone does.

Not sure if those are your exact issues on why people don't get back to you, but just a suggestion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Ha .. yes, I have had difficulty connecting with forum members from time to time. I always ask for people to use my regular email. I wonder if my messages are being routed to junk.

So ... Tommy ... I still have that vintage side mirror waiting for you as soon as you get back to me with your mailing address! :-)

My email is mosterman@eastman.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 08:17 pm:

Seems the OP has listed several items for sale in the classifieds - is he disappointed with the results of what he has advertised for sale here as well ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Sold several things on here never had an issue
Either by clicking on the name sending a PM or
By posting on the thread hardest part figuring who contactsed me first

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Ive had a fair amount of luck buying on this site. Got some cool items and met some nice people along the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Friday, November 24, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

So far I haven't had any issues buying items from the classified section. The best thing for both parties to do is to keep the lines of communication open, and to respond to any inquiries promptly. I like to let the seller know the date his payment was sent out, and I ask that the seller let me know when the item is shipped. Once the item arrives I let the seller know.

I haven't sold any items yet so I'm not sure what it's like on that side of the fence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 12:12 am:

I have had very good luck with both sales and purchases, most transactions go pretty smooth. Give it a chance, without it you can gamble on eBay???? Just my thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 03:06 am:

Make sure your profile is set to include your email address in your outgoing messages. Most PM's I get from people here have that included so I can contact them directly. I did get a message from someone here about a month ago, had to pm them back thru this system rather then a direct email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 06:22 am:

I have had excellent results with the forum classified and as a result, I've made new friends too. And listen to Chad.... Turn off the Caps lock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:08 am:

My only complaint is that when I see something I would like to buy, it's already GONE!! Not the forum's fault, just my own for not living on it full time!! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Fuller on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:45 am:

I have had great luck buying and selling on the forum classifieds.

I have learned very quickly that you have to be quick to respond when something get listed for sale!

We are very fortunate to have this opportunity to sell parts at no cost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clyde Gibson on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 09:29 am:

I have purchased a T , Tools and parts here with no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clyde Gibson on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 09:31 am:

I have purchased a T , Tools and parts here with no problems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Bruno on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 09:39 am:

Some things sell some don't. All and all i enjoy watching. I also bought a T on here last month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Seress, Prescott Az. on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 11:17 am:

Chris, I have been out of the country for the past couple weeks. Sent you a P.M. I even posted for information for something to do in Seattle while on a five hour layover. If still interested in the fenders give me a call. Frank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Hello Chris:
Others have noted reasons why some communication may be cumbersome, where I believe this has little to do with interested buying or selling parties intentionally not responding. If you're not getting a response, then you also have the option of making that attempt know here on the Classifieds. You frequently see this type of traffic here, where PM's are exchanged, and other transaction related discussion. Hang in there....sounds like your new 12 project will appreciate the support of this valued service.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

What Mark O. said. If you get one of those and just hit "REPLY" the sender will not receive it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

Sold a truck wood bed last year through the forum classifieds.
Very smooth transaction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

Another happy user. I recently bought some tooling offered on this site. Smooth and easy, started with PM and then worked via regular email rather than forum messaging. These were things I wanted but didn't really need - the ads here worked. I probably would not have gone elsewhere to find them so I'm thankful for the forum classifieds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 02:36 pm:

Iíve purchased & sold on this with no problems,I think because I add my phone number. What is the reason not many put their numbers down? Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:44 pm:

I guess I must of offended some people. I know how to contact people, its not that hard to do. I'm getting mixed feelings about using this website anymore, yours truly chris!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Chris,

Have you sold any of the items you have listed here in the classifieds ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Huh, I didn't think anyones comments here including mine would create mixed feelings about using this website. I thought everyone was trying to be helpful. Nor did I read into all the comments that you offended people....not sure where that came from. My only dig at you (if you can call it that) was you using caps lock...it makes it very difficult to read that way. Not different than if you just used all lower case, it makes it look like a huge run on sentence.

You weren't real specific on the exact issues I feel, other than people don't get back to you when your trying to buy something. There are plenty of satisfied people here that have had good luck. If its a specific person your trying to consistently deal with, not sure what to tell you there.

I guess I'll keep quiet now. I'm not trying to run off people by being helpful. Is it spring time yet so I can go outside and play again?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:40 am:

Chris.

According to Your forum info, You just registered on this site Oct 10 2017, I am new to the T world and have only been registered a Month longer than you have, and have already bought several things on this site got a Ing switch rebuilt, and made a friend or two, The only don't I have seen so far, Don't discuss water pumps, electrical fusing,and other HOT topics, unless you are ready for a barrage of discussion which can get heated, But I like that, I get to see the pros and cons from people who know a lot about model Ts and can then make up My own Mind, I hope You stay, this forum is rather civilized compared to others that get Nasty and personal when folks don't agree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 11:17 am:

Chad, you hit it on the nail head. We don't know what transpired between him and the seller/buyers. I suspect there might be more to the story then people not getting back to him. We will never know. I wish him good luck in finding what he is looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Chris , I'll sell you what ever you need if I have it, Thanks , Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 05:23 am:

FYI, I've been having a lot of problems with sending and receiving PM's too. Maybe Chris N. has had the same problems. I can see how that would be frustrating for a new guy, heck, it has been frustrating for me.:-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 06:54 am:

David,

I posted a thread about replying to PMís.

I am guessing some never get to the person sending the PM.

I list my email address in my user profile as an alternative
to folks contacting me by PM - but the messaging system
sends an email out to my email - if I reply directly to that notification by hitting ď reply ď like a regular email - it just bounces back to oblivion.

I have to copy & paste the memberís email address contained in the email & delete the default reply address ď ChrisNoReply@MTFCA.com ď.

Or I can PM the member directly by visiting their user profile.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 04:51 am:

Yep Jim, that's what I have been doing. I don't reply to ChrisNoReply, I have been replying directly to the sender through the forum PM. A LOT of them aren't going through, so I have been replying to them using their email address listed on the return PM. A couple of those have bounced back because they weren't listed correctly. Never used to have so much trouble replying back through the forum. I don't know if the replies are going in a spam folder or what, I just know it ain't been working very well for me lately. :-( Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 07:59 am:

The only problem that I've had is receiving emails. Most come thru with no problem, but some come to me as spam. For a long time I was deleting all spam without even looking at the list. Then I figured out that some were being marked as spam so I now look at the spam file to see what's there. I missed out on getting a good hood for my car because of the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Bought and sold quite a few items here since getting my T about a year ago. All have been quite pleasant transactions.

The PM setup is cumbersome and antiquated yes....but hey, you can't beat the price for the service! Even if they double the price, it'd still be a bargain ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 10:05 am:

I have sold hundreds of items on the forum. Never had a problem yet. I ship International, so far I have sold to 4 different countries and bought from Canada and Australia. So the Forum classifieds do work. The only real issue Ive had is if I list something for sale, then sometimes I get hit with dozens of e-mails and PM messages of people wanting to buy it. But I do send a return e-mail to everyone letting them know that it already sold and they missed out. I also post on the forum classified ad that the item has sold. I have sold items in less than 3 minutes from the time of posting. Since I take pay pal. I have also been paid in less than five minutes from the time I listed the item. But I have listed some items that sell slower. I also have two items that never did sell. So I think the classifieds do work well, it just takes a little time to figure it out. And it takes a little effort to make it as smooth as possible. The effort needs to come from both the buyer and seller. Have fun and be safe ........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 10:17 am:

What irritates me most is when folks don't bother to get back with you.
EG someone advertises they are looking for a part. I send an email with photos and a price and never hear back.
I've also been stung by sending money for a part advertised as NOS, and the part turns out to be well used. Never got a refund even though I contacted the seller a couple times and he gave me the old runaround "The check is in the mail."
Its one thing if the price were $10, but not when it was $200.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Richard, you asked me a question about the Kingston 6 ball, I tried to answer you 3 times and each one bounced back. I used the address in your message to reply. Is that your correct address? Kim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration