FYI - Personal Message Replies - Check Before You Hit Send Button

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FYI - Personal Message Replies - Check Before You Hit Send Button
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 03:26 am:

If you receive a PM thru the forum messaging system ....

If you reply to the email notification directly like you reply to a standard email .....

You have to edit the recipient email address .....

You have to delete the automatic reply email address ď Chris NoReply@MTFCA.com ď.

You have copy & paste the email address of the forum member included in the email notification - if you donít do this your email reply will not go to them.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 08:56 am:

When you reply to a pm on this forum you have to check the oil, water, & gas then richen up the mixture 1/4 turn, retard the spark, flip the key over to battery, get out and crank while choking it just a little bit but not enough to flood it. When it starts, you have to run around to the drivers side and hope you can get there to advance the spark before it dies and you have to crank it again...

On other more modern forums, all you have to do is sit down & turn the key...

Itís an antique forum that is real hard for new people to use and it needs to be upgraded!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 09:27 am:

Never had a problem e-mailing other forum members or receiving their e-mails. The spam filter on my end is the only 'problem' for me. As long as Chris and others are willing to keep this beast going, please keep it going. Thank you Chris. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

No problems here.Works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Unidenscan on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:42 pm:

Is there a way to see PM's on the forum page, or does it just go to email??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

I KNOW HOW TO REPLY TO PEOPLE.SOME JUST DONT RETURN EMAIL OR CALL BACK. THIS WEB SITE IS NOT FOR ME. THANKS CHRIS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 12:51 am:

Unidenscan they go to your email in box.

CHRIS NELSON; DO YOU THINK THIS IS DIRECTED AT YOU, I SEE IT AS JUST SOME SUGGESTIONS TO EVERYONE?
YOU ONLY JOINED THE FORUM ON OCT 10, 2017 MAYBE YOU EXPECT EVERYTHING TO HAPPEN FASTER LIKE FINDING A 1912 RUNNABOUT BODY. MAYBE GIVE IT SOME TIME.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 05:27 am:

There is a sour grape in every bunch... Chris seems to be it this week and all he seems to want to do is alienate himself from the rest of us. I for one would not do anything more than ignore him and maybe he will just crawl back under whatever place he came from.

CHRIS NEILSON - THIS IS DIRECTED AT YOU -QUIT BEING A JERK ON THIS WEBSITE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CHRIS NELSEN on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:44 am:

MARK , YOUR NOT A VERY NICE GUY, THATS WHY IM DONE WITH THIS SITE, THERE ARE TO MANY LIKE YOU ! THIS SITE IS WORST THAN FACEBOOK, A BUNCH OF WHINERS ! I GUESS YOU FORGET, THIS WEBSITE IS FOR THE MODEL T COLLECTOR, NOT A SOCIAL ONE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Hoffer on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:59 am:

Hmm. Well, I don'the know who is responsible for this site, but I want to thank them! I visit several times a day and it has been a welcome part of my life since this Spring when I found out about it. I ran a website on a volunteer basis for a couple of years, and I'm telling you the job is a real handful. So again, thanks for this wonderful service to the hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 10:31 am:

Chris you stated this with your whining about people not getting back to you and hoping your comments wouldn't upset anyone!
This site is a social one also, that's why we have a very lively forum. There are other sites that I am might be more your cup of tea. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

I donít think that Iíll loose any sleep, but having owned a Model T since the mid 1980ís I will say that it was a lot worse for hobbiests before this site came about. There are many people I had never met before that I would go out on a limb to assist. Needless to say, you are not one of them with the animosity shown in your postings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 02:09 pm:

One of the reasons I quit accepting a PM was the issue of replies. I mean that I could not reply because the sender would check the box to not include their email address. They would not include it in their message that often went like " I want to buy your part." No name, no phone, no way to find out who sent the message and contact them.

Does that make me guilty of not returning their message?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

Rule # 1 - Never allow yourself to get caught up in Internet drama.
Rule # 2 - Never allow yourself to get caught up in internet drama!

Jimmy, What did you do!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

Will,

When I get a PM from the MTFCA messaging system it is an email - I answer several emails a day & am so used to just hitting ď reply ď without seeing who it is I am replying to.

My thread has only to do with my own personal experience.

If someone thinks it about something else - I have no control over that ......

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Remember this is supposed to be a fun hobby and a great way to meet people with like interests either buying or selling. I have never had a problem with being able to complete transactions. Just a note, in computer language using capital letters is shouting please don't shout. And Thank you Chris for keeping this Forum going.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration