Need some old seat material for patching

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Need some old seat material for patching
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, November 25, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

I am trying to maintain the original seats on the 23 runabout. There are four holes I would like to patch. For those of you who have removed original seal covering in the course of restoration ... can you help? Better than tossing the stuff ... be a donor. :-)

Mark mosterman@eastman.org

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, November 26, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Anyone out there with material?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Scroll near the bottom of this thread, it talks about some "pre-distressed" vintage leatherette that was used to make new seat upholstery:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/786225.html?1506367438#MB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, November 27, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

Thanks. That wouldn't look good for a patch on vintage material, which is what I'm doing. Even doing an entire seat with that stuff it's kind of like the difference between a real antique piece of furniture and one that someone has "distressed" with a chain. Has no logical wear pattern. I work in a conservation lab ... so, am looking for what conservators call "compensation for loss." There has to be someone who has removed original material to restore a seat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Bocchi on Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 08:29 am:

Mark, how big a piece do you need? I'm getting ready to upholster in the spring. I could get you something now if not to large.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 06:53 am:

Thanks Charles ! I just sent you a pm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration