1923 TOURING CAR FOR SALE BARN FIND

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1923 TOURING CAR FOR SALE BARN FIND
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pontius on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 09:23 am:

JUST FOUND THIS 23 TOURING CAR STRAIGHT OUT OF A DRY BARN. COMPLETE, LIGHTS AND HORN WORK IN VERY ORIGINAL CONDITION. ENGINE TURNS OVER, 5000.00 FIRST TIME POSTING. MORE PICS COMING 1923 barn find

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JIM WILSON, AMORY, MS on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Isn't this the same vehicle that's in the $18K package deal? Same license plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. LaFalce on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

https://charlottesville.craigslist.org/cto/d/4-early-model-as-ts-plus/6401373611 .html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pontius on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

Yes Same vehicle.I will sell separately. 18K for all four cars and parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

Where is it located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

Craigslist Ad now reads, "This posting has been deleted by its Author"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Does any one on the forum know Tom or have seen the cars he is selling, He did not list any old cars he owns on forum info, He just joined the Board Today, And while We all welcome Tom, there have been a lot of old car T scams lately and its buyer beware.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

Sadly, "once bitten, twice shy" applies. There have been too many people hurt, and way too many attempts made lately.
We still do like to welcome newcomers to the hobby however! Hope you stick around.
The barn find '23 touring, and the sedan. What are the other two cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Welcome, Tom.
Could you cool it on the upper caps?
Incidentally, it denotes anger when emailing, etc.
And I don't think you are.
Many thanks!
And an interesting barn find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pontius on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Call me if interested I live in Woodford Va.I'm just learning this forum.540 498-3337 I'm not a car guy but I could not pass these up. I removed my craigslist adds because of to many no shows and scammers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pontius on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 04:39 pm:

Hi Wayne, The cars I found are a a 1929 tudor, a 31 coupe, a 23 touring and I'm not sure of the 1921 it may be a 23 or 24. Any help is appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Keller on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Welcome to the forum. Please be advised that what Mr. Sheldon is referring to is that there have been a few attempts at fraud on this website lately. This warning applies to BOTH buyers AND sellers. So please do not take it personal if members seem overly cautious. There is a reason for it. There are a lot of good guys on this website that will give good/sound advise. Good luck with your sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pontius on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Hi Keith, Thanks for the encouragement.I tried locally on craigslist last weekend but I had 14 people who never showed up. The only 3 guys that showed up mostly wanted the parts. So I thought I would try joining this forum but it seems like I'm not wanted here. Just trying to pass this good find at a reasonable price and contribute to this site.. Tom Woodford Virginia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

Tom, there seems to be a misunderstanding...you DEFINITELY ARE wanted.

What Keith is saying is that we have been unlucky enough to be exposed to people doing bad things...scamming us out of our money.

We Forum people welcome ALL honest, truthful people.

Stay around - you'll understand better when you see some of the nasty things people attempt.

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

Tom , welcome . Im also new here. Of course there were a few bad adds latelly but people are acting goofy asking you silly questions. Give your phone number and what else can they possibly ask ? Come on ,! Call the man up and see what he has to say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Tom, you are definitely welcome here. Please take our caution and questions as nothing more than questions. Most everyone on this forum are great people. But there is the occasional "grumpy old fart" Please just ignore them (I do :-) :-)) The people here will be able to help you figure out what you have, and maybe even buy something. The model T market is a little soft right now, but your prices seem reasonable, but a lot depends on actual condition. Determining condition thru pictures and descriptions is hard to do. So you may be asked lots of questions. So before you make a sale the buyer may even want to look at them or have someone they know look at them. The touring looks to be a nice survivor. I have sold many vehicles on-line and thru pictures. Sometimes the cars sell quickly and sometimes it seems to take forever. Who knows you may fall in love with one of them and want it for yourself and then you may become addicted to Model Ts like most of us. Welcome to the forum from myself and I can also speak for a lot of the others. Welcome and good luck with the sales ... Have fun and be safe .... Donnie Brown ...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration