1921 4 DOOR BARN FIND FOR SALE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1921 4 DOOR BARN FIND FOR SALE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pontius on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 11:28 am:

SELLING A 1921 4 DOOR AS FOUND FRESH BARN FIND.$2000 I'm a first timer to the site.540498-3337 19211921a1921

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

This T has to be at least a 1923 for that was when the Fordor became a part of the model year. It was the center door before that model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

I think it is a '24. Appears to be high radiator and cowl, '23s and earlier were low radiator and cowl. Also, the rear section of the body has surface rust, The first full year of fordor sedans had an aluminum rear section. The '23 (some late '22 manufacture?) sedans had basically all aluminum over wooden framework body. Little by little, various parts of the body were changed to steel. I believe that the lower rear section was one of the first pieces to change, so this is probably an early '24.

What makes you think it was '21? If it was the engine serial number? Engines were often replaced for a wide variety of reasons way back when.
Looks like a nice project, and a fairly rare T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Pontius on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

The body is steel and aluminum. I just bought it last weekend and have not checked the numbers.It may be a 23-24 not sure.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration