FS Late Teens, early '20's Coilbox

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Late Teens, early '20's Coilbox
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 04:40 am:

Not real sure just what I have here, not too familiar with these boxes. I'm guessing it is for a '13-'22. It has the switch on the front of the box which has a stamped steel cover that has "Ford, made in USA" stamped across the top with "Mag and Bat" across the bottom which appears to be an original. On top of this is a brass cover plate #4730 which may be a repro. The switch assy. is the metal style and looks to be nearly NOS. The wood i'm sure is original plywood style with the thick core and thin outer layers and in VERY good shape, with just a small piece of the thin laminated part about 1" long missing on the inside of the bottom. The box has been painted but the paint job isn't very good with VERY minor rust pits and sanding marks. It is very straight with no dings or dents and could be made to look really nice with a bit of work.There is a faint FORD script stamped in left side. The lid is the three piece style and is in the same shape as the box, also has a FORD script stamped in the left side. The box has the tie bar in the center. The side contacts are all there and are original bronze ones. The bottom contact has been replaced with the junk copper plated steel repro, but an original bronze one will come with it. It has all of the insulators and bolts, but the bolts should probably be replaced. It has the correct small head mounting bolts and nuts for a wood firewall. Overall this is a really nice box that could be restored very nicely. $150.00 plus shipping. I can text pictures if interested. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 06:22 am:

Paul, pictures sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Booth on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 08:06 am:

Thanks Dave check your email
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Coil box is spoken for. Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

Coilbox is again available. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 01:41 am:

Bump. This is one of the nicest coilboxes I've seen. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 05:34 am:

$140.00 plus shipping. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration