More Carburetor Inventory Reduction Carbs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: More Carburetor Inventory Reduction Carbs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, December 01, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Got this out last night from a box it had been in for years. Very nice and cute small sized Kingston 4 ball. Too small for a T, my guess is it was used on a Brush. The T sized 4 ball is for comparison.

$375 as is; $650 rebuilt and ready to run since the internal parts are gone and I'll have to make the shaft plates and needle mechanism.

Another tiny Kingston, this one is a 5 ball. Probably used on a small marine engine -- Evinrude used them from the beginning -- or a small one or two cylinder car.

It has a 3/4 pipe thread connection. The extension elbow can be removed.

Only one I've ever seen, this one is out of my personal collection. I had it marked at $850, smoking deal $750 rebuilt and ready to run or set on the shelf in your collection.

Last pic shows the difference in size in the 3 of them.

Stan Howe 406 949 3448 stanhowemt@aol.com

Also still have the Kingston 6 ball that I thought was sold for the third time but I never got a check this time either. It is for sale again. Down to $1975 on it. Most likely the finest example of the 2nd rarest of all Model T carbs, used only on the 12 Torpedo according to many experts.

Also, I had a couple people inquire about U &J's. The one with the bell crank arm is sold, going to Tennessee, I have another one which was also supposed to be sold but it's coming up on two weeks and I haven't seen a check for it and a Zenith HP5A that was part of the same deal so it is for sale again. I had told a couple people I was out of them with the sale of that one but .... so is the nature of the carburetor business that you don't want to count your chickens or order that new Cadillac until the check clears your bank. So..... I have ONE U & J with a manifold, the choke mechanism and copies of the original manual for sale that I should be able to get done in time for Christmas.

I would ask, tho, that if you call me and tell me you are going to buy any of this that you follow through with a check or paypal. I'm down about $4000 so far from "buyers" that were going to "have a check in the mail today." Of course I still have the carbs but the bank won't take them for payments and Mastercard and Visa won't either.

Here is what the new reproduction Choke mechanisms for the U & J's look like. You wouldn't believe how time consuming it is to make these. Just for show, these are all spoken for, may have more later, I still have 5 or 6 castings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 02:17 am:

The rough casting

The original choke that we took the pattern off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 08:45 am:

The U&J choke controls look awesome!
I am hoping my name is one of those lucky names on your "spoken for" list. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Yup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 01:09 am:

Put me on one too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Thanks, John. These are all already sold or go with U & J carb outfits. So unless I owe you a choke for a U & J you purchased from me (which I don't remember if I do or not but I don't think so) I won't have any time to do more of them until after the middle of January. They are pretty time consuming to make although the last 4 went a lot better than the first 4. Let me know. stanhowemt@aol.com

Since I rounded up one more U & J over the weekend to sell I have several to get out and time is running short to get them all in the mail before the 1st of January.

Jay gets the 1st one, Howard Tomlinson gets the next one, Ruck Goelz gets three total, Jim Burns gets one, etc. I'm hoping to get some more castings done this winter, maybe have them investment cast instead of sand cast so they are cleaner and closer to the original design. That way they won't take hours of polishing and detailing to get them ready to go. I also changed the design of the spring retainer/ball system so it is far easier to assemble and works better than the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Stan, I should get four, I sent the funds for the other two.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 08:33 pm:

Yup, one was on an earlier list. 4.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tomlinson on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

Stan, I received the carb control today. Great workmanship as usual. Thanks a bunch.

Howard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, December 07, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Thanks, I thought they turned out very well, I appreciate the compliment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie Gagel, Orange,Ct on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 12:41 pm:

Stan, I received the Sunderman carb today.
Looks great, my wife will love it as a Christmas present. As we talked about it, her maiden name was Sundermann.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

Great, I will need to be selling more. My 17 year old girl was accepted to Stanford yesterday, only one from Montana as far as we know. Will cost a lot of money to turn her in to a lawyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

Stan, Got the U&J carb control last night. IT'S A WORK OF ART!! You do awesome work with metals my friend!!! Many Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

Thanks, Jay. Took some time to get them done, there is a lot of piddly work on them. I did change the spring/ball stop system to something easier to make and will do a little more revision to it. I also made a couple jigs to hold them which will help on the next batch. They are really cool, part of that new old stock U & J I bought several years ago. I've learned a lot from it and got all the original literature and this choke that I had re-cast. The only disappointment on the whole deal was that the original box was pretty ratty but still had the graphics on it, I was looking forward to the box, maybe have the labels repopped, etc., and when it came there was no box. When I asked about it the seller said it smelled of mouse and was all torn so he just threw it away. So it goes. Al least the choke was there.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration