Possible Scam

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Possible Scam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 07:24 am:

I have a radiator cap listed here. A few days ago, I got an email from a "Patrick Ainslie" with an address in MI., which was misspelled, that was interested in it. Red flag. I sent an email that I could text him some pictures. He emailed back for some pictures "of them" and wanted to know how many I had to sell. Big red flag, I only listed one. Anyone else heard from "Patrick" ? If he is indeed legit, I apologize, but it seems to be a bit "fishy" to me. Just a heads up. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 09:16 am:

I know Pat Ainslie from Michigan. Good guy. The grammar confuses me a little. His email address is psainslie@.... Is that what you've got?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 10:39 am:

David

good to check these things.

I advertised wanting to buy a rather obscure item and was offered it by someone who rarely posts. I was sarcastic about it, assuming a scam, and the fellow turned out to be legit, and was obviously angry at my reply. He had a right to be angry. Big mistake on my part and very embarrassing and disrespectful. I regret it very much.

Your approach is much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 02:37 am:

Pat, please accept my sincere apology. As was stated, we have had several scam attempts on here in the past and your post raised a couple of red flags for me. No disrespect intended, I was just being cautious. If I haven't offended you too much, email me if you are still interested in the cap. Again, my sincerest apologies. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 03:20 am:

Forgot to say, I have another cap that isn't quite as nice. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 06:05 am:

When buying or selling on any public forum ....

Donít list your phone number and/or your email address in your advertisement - have prospective Buyers/Seller contact
you initially thru the messaging system that particular forum offers.

If you get a message - see when the contact party joined that particular forum - if they are an established member you can request further contact information like a phone number and/or email address.

ď Identity Theft ď is applicable to transactions in so far as you can be contacted by a computer program or individual pretending to be an established - reputable member by creating an identity approximating someone else with intent to defraud.

Personally - I never do business with somebody me I cannot talk to first on the phone - the exception is folks residing outside the continental states.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Give me a brake !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration