Henrietta's new upholstery.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Henrietta's new upholstery.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 08:09 am:

A few years ago I had a job finishing off a restoration begun in the 70s. Today the car would have been a candidate for preservation. I kept the fabric off the rear seat squab and the pleated backrest, just for original patterns for others to use for reference.

Well, I found a use for both. These 1924 originals now have a new home.

The kick panel and door card are originals. I made the seat side panels and covered them with used ute tonneau cover material.

The seat is covered with the original seat cover. I had to add a little to the sides to make it big enough.

The corners are folded as originally done.

I deleted one pleat from each side of the backrest and shortened it to suit.

Inow need 4 hidem end caps like these originals, not new ones.

7 feet of used black hidem binding would also not go astray, if any of you are as silly as me at hoarding stuff.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Anyone know how to get this post on the forum instead of here on the classifieds. My phone is way smarter than me!!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 08:28 am:

Anyone know how to get this post on the forum instead of here on the classifieds. My phone is way smarter than me!!!!

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration