Want to buy

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Want to buy
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 11:26 am:

Pretty much have finished a '25 Tudor, see photo, and the ammeter doesn't work. I'd like to find a working ammeter that isn't new so it would match the patina of the car. A PM is fine. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:50 am:

John I have both the original small Amp Gauges and the large Amp Gauge. I believe you take the small one, am I right.
Dave Huson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

26-27 take the large ammeter unless they have been converted to the small with an adapter ring, if I'm not wrong.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Terry, you have it backwards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

Thanks Dave. I'll measure the hole in the morning and let you know. Thanks again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

John, post a picture of you dash panel and that should let us know which panel you have. It should be the larger amp. gauge, but one never knows what has been done to the car since it was built!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 09:05 am:

'mornin' Dave. I measured the opening for the ammeter and it's just over 2.3 inches across the face of the gauge and a picture is attached. I had a new ammeter that I installed but it doesn't work plus doesn't match the patina of the car. If you have an old, working ammeter please send me a PM with contact info and I'll get back to you. Thanks, John Mays

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 10:08 pm:

beautiful sight for these old eyes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

Here you go !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Large-Ammeter-1919-1925/192388691014?hash= item2ccb427446:g:ULYAAOSw8DJZ7iP1&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Thanks Steve. I have that on my eBay "Watch List". Looks just like what I'd like but I want to know if it works before buying it. I'm pretty short on electrical knowledge---is an ammeter easy to fix if it doesn't work? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

If You buy it, get Ben martin to rebuild the switch and meter, He is a Master Switch rebuilder.
reasonable prices, He worked on my 26 switch rebuilt it and replaced the meter dial which was unreadable.one stop shop, I sent You a PM with his phone number. a few days ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Thanks Jim: Yes, I received your PM. That sounds like a good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

Thanks for all the good comments. I have purchased to one on eBay. The seller tells me it works. Thanks again.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration