Wanted: 1913-1914 cap for water tank on Carbide Generator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: 1913-1914 cap for water tank on Carbide Generator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

I am looking for the fine threaded cap for the water tank that fits on top of the carbide generator for my 1913. I see that repo's are made however they require some modification to the tank due to the fact that they are a coarse thread not the original fine thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

John you may want say what brand you have, caps may be different between brands.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Thanks Mark, I didn't think of that. I believe it is a Brown. It is NOT a Victor. I will attempt to attache a photo of the carbide generator. 1913 Carbide Generator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

FYI, your generator is a Corcoran. I bought one identical as NOS, still with it's instruction sheet inside.
Interestingly, from what I have read on this forum, the Corcoran brothers owned Victor Lamp and produced under both names.

(Message edited by v10pdownunder on December 03, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Sunday, December 03, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Ivan, Thank you for the info! I am not familiar with the differences with the Generators. It didn't happen to have an extra cap with it? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

The caps for a Victor will fit on the Browns, Corcorans, and E&J'S. As I recall the Victor caps have a ring around the vent hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

Mine has a short chain link and a brass sprung wire (inside the tank) to stop the cap detaching.
Much like many chainsaws etc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

John,
This is an original brass cap for a Corcoran carbide generator like yours. It needs smoothing and polishing. The photos are not very good.
PM me if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, December 04, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

Jim if he passes on it, I'll take it. I can fix that for mine that's also missing.
I pmed you
Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Haynes - Chadron, Nebraska on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 09:30 am:

Hello Jim,
PM sent. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

i CAN USE ONE ALSO, LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ONE A STEEL BLACK ONE IS OK. GLEN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Benji and Glen,
I only have one spare cap. John started this ad, so he gets the first shot. I wish I had more to help you guys out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Wednesday, December 06, 2017 - 12:23 am:

No worries at all Jim. I just wanted to say "me next, i'll take it" in case he passes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, December 09, 2017 - 01:50 pm:

We are making some new ones. Glen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration