Wanted rebuilt 12 volt starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted rebuilt 12 volt starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

I'm looking for a rebuilt 12 volt starter that is ready to bolt on.
Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 05:26 pm:

Daniel, I have one available and I will be coming up to the Bay Area just before Christmas. The starter is a T starter but rewired for reliable 12 volt operation.
Interested? Tonybowker AT aol.com

(Message edited by Tony_bowker on December 10, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

I'm interested if Daniel isn't !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

Hi tony I'm interested. I'll email you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Konarowski on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

I always understood that a 6 volt starter was wound heavier than a 12 volt. So it was actually better than the 12volt and turned over faster. I never changed a VW starter when changing it over to 12 volt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Kaminar on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

The field coils are wound 2 series 2 parallel for a 6 volt starter and 4 series for a 12 volt starter, otherwise the same. The 6 volt starter will work on 12 volts but may be too much torque for the bendix and gears. The 6 volt starter can be rewound to make it into a 12 volt starter. I have one in my car and it works great.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration