Very Rare 1909-12 Diamond Tire Repair Outfit Tins for Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Very Rare 1909-12 Diamond Tire Repair Outfit Tins for Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 10:24 am:

FOR SALE: These are the tin boxes of the tire repair outfit for the earliest Model T Ford factory toolkits. The larger tin contained the tire repair outfit. I am going to offer these two tins together. If they do not sell, I will relist them with separate prices. I am selling the two different Diamond Tire tins. The final photo shows a sample of what came in these sets, and the additional items are NOT included. Not much has been discussed about these on the MTFCA Forum. Here is one:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/442255.html?1399410898

1) It is 3 Ό” wide by 2 7/8” tall by 12” long, lithograph tin. This is an empty box. Originally, it may have contained the tire irons, a patch box, a container of tire talc, and printed items. This box was probably included with new 1909-12 Model T’s that had Diamond tires. The paint on these was very thin and usually did wear well. In fact, the majority of these were thrown away after the patches were used. These are as rare as hen’s teeth and are probably the most difficult piece to find for an early toolkit. You can still read the lettering on the top but it is weak. It has a few dents.

2) This is the smaller tin that fit inside the larger one. The tin contained the tire patches. It is 2 5/8” wide by 1 ½” tall by 4 ½” long. It has a few dents on the top and the paint is weak.

These items are sold as is. I will accept a personal check but would prefer payment via PayPal and it will be shipped sooner. The two tins are $250.00 + 14.00 shipping and insurance.

Diamond1
Diamond2
Diamond3
Diamond4
DiamondSet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe caraway on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 02:18 pm:

pm sent thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Looks like a good item!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Sold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration