FOR SALE: RADIATOR SHELL

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE: RADIATOR SHELL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Shell; $49.00; The shell appears to be in good condition. Has one shallow dent, easily straightened. No pitting. Please include $19.75 shipping. I forgot to measure height but will do so later today to place year of manufacture.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
Phone 303-774-9246

radiator shell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

I forgot to say the embossing is in very good condition.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

Hey Dave, I'll take it, check will be in tomorrow's mail. Do you have the lower piece ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, December 14, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

John, I think I do. But stuff goes in and out so fast that I am not sure. I have to go back out to the shop and I will see and let you know.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 01:23 am:

John; I didn't find any more (I think the call them aprons). I o have a couple more shells and one still has a shell attached to it. I will try and get a picture and post it tomorrow.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Above picture taken near Grand Lake a small mountain town on the West end of Trail Ridge. A super place to go for a overnight tour from Berthoud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 03:34 am:

You're right Dave, it'sa apron. If the apron is in nice shape, I'd rather take that one. Would like to see a picture and let me know cost difference. If you say "it's in nice shape, that's good enough for me". You've got my email, "Thanks Dave".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:10 am:

John, I will get a picture of the other shell with the apron some time today. I have an expert coming in a few minutes to help me with my confusor so I don't know when I can send the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:24 am:

There will be no cost difference.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:28 am:

Sail boats on Grand Lake, Colorado

sailboats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Hello all, I don't need a shell at the moment, but I'd like to thank Dave for always attaching a great photo or two! I love to see T's in action and the gorgeous Colorado backdrops are absolutely incredible to a flatlander like me. Pictures of corn at any angle or lighting still looks like corn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 11:44 am:

Re the corn, took me a minuet to get that one! LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Good one Dave !!! Like Mark, I had to think about that corn thing too. And yes, I also enjoy Dave's photos of "T"s and Colorado back drop. Jay's photos are the "greatest".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

I know the feeling Dave! What a view here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 06:23 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 15, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

John Lemon: Sorry I don't have a picture for you yet of the other shell. I just had too many things going today. I will try and get you one tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, December 16, 2017 - 06:12 am:

Dave, I don't know if this helps, but as far as I know low radiator shells have sides square to the front panel and high shells have the sides tapering outwards at the rear to follow the line of the hood. It is an easy way to tell them apart without having a measuring stick to hand.

The one you show looks to have the sides square to the front, and if that is correct, the apron will be the narrow one about 1.25" wide.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 12:36 pm:

Allan Thanks, I never noticed that. I think the picture of this new one is the same as the first one except for the apron. It does not have a single dent as near as I can tell. The embossing is also very good like the first one.

shell #2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Is this one for a 23 low hood I need it if it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Joe, if I am right on my first post, this is a low shell having the narrow apron which goes across the top of the crank handle.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

called Dave, I have it,sounds like he has parts coming in often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 01:28 am:

Yes,I have parts coming in often. The horseless carriage guys even stop by with loads of parts that they don/t want.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:03 am:

Hey Dave, it's me John, the guy who originally wanted the nice script, plateable radiator shell w/apron. WHAT HAPPENED !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 10:04 am:

ttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 11:23 am:

John I am sorry the second shell is still yours. I will go down to my shipping room (basement) and put your name on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, December 21, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

I apologize for forgetting to put on the ad that I will sell to Walk Ins only. I am working long hours each day and I don't have time to drive to town look for a box to ship things in, take the box home, box up larger items, drive back to town to the post office and have it weighed, drive back home and phone the purchaser the cost for shipping, drive back to town and take it to the post office, and then drive back home.
I have walk ins every day that I can sell items that won't fit in the Post Offices flat rate boxes, Thanks for understanding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 25, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

John I will find time to box up your item, since I forgot to state that they were for Walk in only.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Stubenvoll on Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Thanks Dave! John is a friend of mine. A Vet that has to endure more than his share of pain because of sacrifices he made that allows the rest of us to play with old cars. He can't drive into town like you or me. Every day is a new challenge but he finds a way to look forward to tomorrow. Let us all enjoy the day, the cars, and each other! Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 04:33 pm:

John Lemon, Please call me at 303-774-*246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, January 05, 2018 - 11:17 am:

I found a couple more radiator shells in a back storage shed that I forgot about. Come take a look.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 - 12:28 am:

I am getting another short radiator shell in this week. Stop by and take a look. You might want it.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 06:16 pm:

I still have some nice radiator shells that someone should stop in and see.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration