Ruckstel shift lever for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Ruckstel shift lever for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Brass ruckstel shift lever for sale. It's in very nice condition.
I haven't ever seen another one.

$250 plus shipping

Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 04:39 pm:

Copy of a TT Ruckstell handle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

For "Steve".
Would a TT Ruckstell shifter / handle be any different to a car one ? My TT shifter looks just like a car one - forged round tapered steel shaft with a thread at the top for a knob.
It came with a TT components lot and had the extra long, multi section shaft (tube) still attached.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

What is length of the handle ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

To my knowledge it isn't any different, this one is just solid brass

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, December 17, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

The lower mounting piece is the same for both BUT the TT bracket utilizes the shift rod to run parallel to the torque tube whereas the passenger car runs diagonal so one can merely turn the mounting bracket arm to the D.S. or P.S. The shifter arm for a TT itself is the style pictured above but cast steel - brass is a repro.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 03:58 pm:

$225

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 04:36 pm:

Dan McEachern was making copies of Ruckstell handles some years back, I believe. I wonder if this is one of his.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

I'm pretty sure that these were made and sold by the one and only Max Edmonds.

If any of you went on a national tour up through the early part of this century, Max was the gentleman at the front of the food line with his wonderful wife Naomi at his side!

We all miss you Max! Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 11:31 am:

$200 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Max made a cast transmission cover that included an oil outlet to run on the right side of the motor. It was beautifully made. I think I won one on a raffle during a Gold Country tour. He had a powder blue speedster which the young ladies drooled over.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Sold.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration