For sale: 1911-1912 Steering column

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For sale: 1911-1912 Steering column
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 10:06 am:

The hub is in nice condition. Few small dents in the column tube, and plastic knobs are broke off the spark/throttle levers. Nothing is bent. It will need the steering pinion and gears, as those have been removed. Steering shaft itself does not show any wear. This is a nice column. I am willing to ship this and will do my best to wrap it appropriately. If interested, let me know your zipcode and I will get a shipping estimate- via UPS or Fed Ex. Please PM me for any questions. or call 360-3eight zero-two 31seven (after 4pm, pst)
$700 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

This steering column has been spoken for. Thanks very much......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

Hello Les:
I believe this is a mid 1912 column, not 1911. Dash mounting holes are aligned on the 1911. This was used into early 1913 on the one piece dash, when the round control rod ends became flat ends. These facts accepted, I believe this column to be a fairly rare, brief production item.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Scott

Thanks for the information, as I did not know that. Hopefully, the person getting this will feel their getting a good deal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

This steering column is available again. Because I received information it actually a mid-1912 column, I'm going to re-list it for sale with a more correct title heading (see mid-12 column for sale). I also have a better photo of the dash mounting holes. Thanks for bearing with me....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration