Wanted : Original late style Gas Cap.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted : Original late style Gas Cap.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Monday, December 18, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

I would like to find the original Ford supplied gas cap for the 1925 model year. As I understand it, these were the two piece style, with the inner piece being a "splash shield". Hopefully someone has a nice example they can part with.

Thanks in advance.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 10:56 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, December 27, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

Charles, What you are describing sounds exactly like the 26-27 gas cap. If I'm not mistaken, all of the late caps with the built in baffle, were made of zinc or pot metal which swells and distorts in shape with age, or cracks and crumbles. If you find a good original one and you think the price is high, bear in mind that good ones are not that common. I have never seen a brass original. The last one that I bought, I found on Ebay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 11:24 am:

The '25s do in fact use the new style gas cap. They do swell too, so be careful. I've been able to find good originals. Be patient. Langs sells nice copies. As I recall, you can't tell them from the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Thursday, December 28, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Thanks for the insight Terry and Larry. What I have now is a bright chrome plated late style reproduction that has no splash shield.I'll keep looking.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration